LambdaTest OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LambdaTest is #6 ranked solution in top Test Automation Tools and #7 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. IT Central Station users give LambdaTest an average rating of 10 out of 10. LambdaTest is most commonly compared to BrowserStack:LambdaTest vs BrowserStack. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is LambdaTest?

LambdaTest is a cloud-based cross browser testing platform that helps enterprises run web automation tests at scale (through parallel testing).

**Selenium Automation Grid and Cypress CLI on LambdaTest**
You can attain better browser coverage by running tests across 2,000+ different browsers, devices, and operating systems online. LambdaTest provides a secure, scalable, and reliable cloud-based Selenium Grid that helps run Selenium tests at a faster pace.
The Cypress CLI on LambdaTest, helps you expand Cypress test coverage to 40+ browser versions across Windows and macOS platforms.
Along with automation testing, you can also perform manual tests, visual UI tests, and real-time tests.

**LT Browser - Responsive Web Testing**
Additionally, LambdaTest also offers LT browser - a path-breaking developer-oriented tool that helps assess the responsiveness of your website. LT Browser eases the task of mobile testing as responsive tests can run against 50+ different device resolutions.
You can also create custom device (or viewports) and test localhost URL without any extensions (or tunnels).

**Key Features of LambdaTest Platform**
1. Selenium Web Testing Automation.
2. Selenium Grid For Mobile Web-Automation Testing.
3. Run Cypress Tests Across 40+ Browser Versions Of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
4. Parallel Testing For Faster Go To Market Launch.
5. Continuous Testing with Continuous Integration Tools (e.g. Jenkins, Circle CI, GitLab CI, etc.).
6. Live Interactive Browser Compatibility Testing.
7. Scroll Sync To Test Two Viewports Simultaneously Using LT Browser App.
8. Faster Automated Screenshot Testing.
9. API For Continuous Testing.

Download the Functional Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

LambdaTest Customers

Bringmax, Totpal, Nethhouse, Integreplanner, Cognizant, Vendisol, Clearscale, Edureka

LambdaTest Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about LambdaTest pricing:
  • "It is 60% cheaper and there is no fuss in maintaining the lab, so we have more time to do the testing."
  • "This is an affordable product."
  • "It is affordable as compared to similar SaaS solutions."
  • "The pricing for LambdaTest is affordable, and one of the reasons we implemented it."
  • "LambdaTest is priced well, which is why we migrated to it."

LambdaTest Reviews

User
Reliable, integrates well with other platforms, and is less costly than our previous solution

• "Without a doubt, LambdaTest is one of the big reasons behind our faster deployment and better team collaboration."
  • "It would be much easier for us to read the test if they provided dashboard analytics."

What is our primary use case?

Partnerize Partner Management Platform (PMP) is an end-to-end, SaaS-based solution for forming, managing, analyzing, and predicting the future results of partner marketing programs using artificial intelligence. It is a real-time technology and, our platform comes up with regular updates and requires it to be tested in all major browsers. This became increasingly important as we built a wide user base across even legacy browsers.

We want our web app to work on every single device, at the peak performance, as any bug or loss of data will result in loss of time contrary to the 'Real Time' promise we give to our clients. So, we have to thoroughly test our whole environment before pushing any changes across all possible use cases.

How has it helped my organization?

Before LambdaTest, we were using our own infrastructure of VMs. This was not easy to manage and consuming significant resources on maintenance only. We were a small team when I started working and the DevOps team was already under constant workload, and a VM infrastructure is very costly, especially for us as we need to test our product on multiple devices.

In dire need of scale, we realized our existing practices will not going to last for long. After a lot of brainstorming and product trials, we switched partially first, and then fully to LambdaTest.

LambdaTest was handy and easy enough to save us a lot of time, effort, and money. Especially parallel testing, which was the breather we needed to scale. Without a doubt, LambdaTest is one of the big reasons behind our faster deployment and better team collaboration.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is reliability. My team automates multiple tests in parallel across hundreds of browsers. The automation grid from LambdaTest is robust enough to execute them without any surprises, every time.

Integrations are very helpful and I have lost the count of integrations that LambdaTest has. The platform is cleverly coupled with all of the other platforms we need on day to day basis for our development needs. Pushing the bug on Slack is a click away, for example. LambdaTest's Slack app gives results of screenshot testing from the Slack command itself. We in fact integrated it with Trello to mark bugs in our tasks and stories. And, we integrated our Jenkins jobs with LambdaTest using its Jenkins Plugin.

What needs improvement?

Though the platform does well in almost every aspect for us, there are a couple of things they can do to give it an absolute edge.

1. Dashboard Analytics: It would be much easier for us to read the test if they provided dashboard analytics. Though I haven't seen it in this category, I feel this feature can take the platform to another level.
  2. Real Devices: LambdaTest has almost all of the emulators and they are good for the most part, but I can see as we grow that we will need real devices. I hope they catch up with that as well.

I have been using LambdaTest for the last year and a half.

We used Virtual Machines prior to LambdaTest. That infrastructure was extremely costly to scale for our ever-increasing variety of browsers. It was also consuming a lot of our DevOps hours.

We evaluated BrowserStack, CrossBrowserTesting, and Sauce Labs.

Dina Dzousa
QA Automation Analyst at EY
Cost-effective, good integration, and parallel testing leads to good performance

• "The slow nature of a cloud platform was compensated with parallel testing, and now we are able to finish our testing job faster than it was before COVID."
  • "I feel that the automated screenshot testing takes a little longer on MacOS sometimes."

What is our primary use case?

At EY, South Africa, my team is tasked with functional testing of any IT solution we are consulting or providing to the clients. As a AQ analyst in functional testing, the majority of my time is devoted to testing the cross-browser compatibility of the website or web app that I am testing. For my cross-browser testing, I am using LambdaTest for automating the testing process, mainly with the help of the parallel testing feature.

It provides 2000+ browser-OS-resolution combinations to work with, which is perfect for our consulting firm, as we don't know what our clients may need.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a Testing lab in our office but with COVID, we were not able to access that. This is why we needed a cloud solution. I was not very confident about having a cloud solution, as they are notorious for being slow and unstable. But, I think LambdaTest is a pleasant surprise.

It is 60% cheaper and there is no fuss in maintaining the lab, so we have more time to do the testing. The slow nature of a cloud platform was compensated with parallel testing, and now we are able to finish our testing job faster than it was before COVID.

Additionally, is it integrated well with Favor, MS teams, and Jenkins, so it's easier to communicate within the team than it was before.

What is most valuable?

Mainly, we used it to serve the needs of remote cross browser testing during COVID.

Additionally, it helped to make our deployment faster with parallel testing.

While it is simple to use, LambdaTest is also integrated with our existing tools Jenkins, Microsoft Teams, and Favor.

For responsive testing, they have LT Browsers with a side by side view. It is helpful software for quick fixes around responsiveness.

We are impressed with the stability of the platform and the promptness of the support team. Even during COVID, they were available 24*7.

What needs improvement?

Though the stability is good, cloud platforms are a bit slower.

The platform provides good emulators and simulators but in the future, there will be a need for testing on real devices. This would be a good addition to future rollouts.

Though the dashboard is clean, there is room for test analytics to get a qualitative glance at results.

Some suggestions on testing will definitely help a newbie working with the platform.

We have been using LambdaTest since April 2020.

We used CrossBrowserTesting but there were stability issues.

We evaluated CrossBrowserTesting and BrowserStack.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product. My advice is to talk to the support team before you buy.

Private Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about LambdaTest, BrowserStack, Sauce Labs and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: October 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Romila De Munshi
Automation Tester at Airsweb
Affordable, integrates well, has a good feature set, and the tutorials are helpful

• "LambdaTest easily integrates with leading project management, bug tracking, and CI-CD tools like Jira, Asana, Jenkins, Circle CI, and more."
  • "Responsive testing UI is a bit cluttered, whereas the LT browser is much better to use."

What is our primary use case?

Running tests serially can be a good option when your product is at an early stage. However, as we scaled the product, we needed a tool to reduce test time execution and pace up our test cycles.

LambdaTest simplified the Selenium testing experience for us with their cloud-based platform, which allowed us to execute our test cases in parallel on hundreds of browsers. We could easily automate the test cases, get the sessions recorded, and share the test reports across the team for the assessment using Asana integration.

We even leverage the integration with CircleCI to run automated tests on LambdaTest through our pipeline. The CircleCI Orb is handy for testing our privately-hosted application.

How has it helped my organization?

It’s good to see, now that we are using LambdaTest, we can run multiple tests on multiple VMs, saving us hours of testing time and the maintenance cost of local infrastructure.

Personally, one thing I find that LambdaTest does very well is continuing to provide tutorials for testing, so that we stay up to speed and are even able to learn new things. I definitely saw myself applying a lot of the new concepts that I learned from their blogs.

What is most valuable?

As we use Asana, it was good to see that LambdaTest provides support to the tool, as it made our task much easier.

The support documentation is precise and could actually help you get started, without the need for the support team.

We can test on local environments faster with CircleCI Orb with an extensive range of browsers and devices to test on.

What needs improvement?

Responsive testing UI is a bit cluttered, whereas the LT browser is much better to use. We had a few slugs in the early stage of implementation while running parallel tests; however, the support team was helpful in resolving it.

I have been using LambdaTest for seven months.

We evaluated Sauce Labs and we chose LambdaTest because it was an affordable product with a good feature set.

This is an affordable product.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Jane Wang
Senior Software QA Engineer at ESC Corporate Services Ltd. (Formerly Securefact)
Integrates well with GitLab and our CI/CD pipeline, and helps us build more quality releases

• "Our test execution time was reduced to 16 mins from five hours when executed in parallel on multiple VMs. This has been extremely helpful!"
  • "Their smart testing module needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

When we began with LambdaTest almost a year ago, we were thinking of implementing shift left testing to catch bugs ASAP. With browser testing being one of the most rigorous and time-consuming validations, we were looking for a solution that could help us achieve continuous testing through our GitLab CI/CD pipeline. That is when we landed over a webinar of LambdaTest, which demonstrated setting up GitLab CI/CD and integrating it with their cloud. We thought of giving the integration a try and it worked like a charm.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to leverage the Git-based triggers to execute our CI/CD pipeline. So, every time a new commit was pushed from our end, the pipeline ran an automated build over the LambdaTest Grid, which allowed us to ensure our UI on every major and minor release with access to numerous browsers, platforms, and devices.

Integrating LambdaTest in our GitLab CI/CD pipeline allowed us to deploy quality builds faster. In the new normal, where companies are forced to perform remote testing due to COVID-19, a cloud-based solution like LambdaTest has been a life-saver. It gives us the flexibility to run tests from anywhere at any time without being bothered about maintaining an in-house infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

LambdaTest Grid integrates with a variety of CI/CD tools. It provides a variety of browsers, OS, devices, all on the cloud.

Consistent with browser updates when new versions are released, they even provide beta versions of browsers.

What needs improvement?

Their smart testing module needs improvement.

We also hope they could come up with some API for automated visual regression testing.

One more thing is that it would be good to see if Lambdatest can get real devices to test for mobile automation.

I think these features and improvements will be a robust fix to the product.

We have been using LambdaTest for almost one year.

It is affordable as compared to similar SaaS solutions.

Tolga  Ovali
QA Analyst at Tabcorp
Reduces manual testing effort, facilitates quick troubleshooting, and the support is responsive

• "In case something goes wrong at LambdaTest end, the Support team is extremely responsive to analyze any platform-related issues."
  • "The analytics over the automation dashboard can be more intuitive."

What is our primary use case?

As a Fintech company, other than Chrome and Safari, we need to test our website regularly on IE and Edge as well. This is because our customers are dependent on legacy OS to use our web-application.

LambdaTest Selenium Grid has helped us radically reduce the manual testing effort and ensure browser compatibility. Our automation engineers are able to execute Selenium scripts in their preferred language, and the cloud infrastructure has allowed us to scale our automation test cycles effortlessly. A majority of our regression suites are now automated, and thanks to LambdaTest, we are now able to find more critical bugs with less manual testing efforts.

How has it helped my organization?

What really helped us improve our delivery cycle was live debugging while you automate the tests. We could break the script execution at any point and take it over from there by interactive live for the remaining test steps.

LambdaTest also provides video recording and screenshots of all your tests in their test logs, which makes tracking easier. It offers integrations with Jira and Jenkins, which ensures us better collaboration and a robust CI/CD pipeline respectively, which is an additional plus for us.

What is most valuable?

Test statuses such as Lambda Error and VM allocation allowed us to quickly troubleshoot any build that failed while executing, as we were able to identify whether the script is failing or is it something wrong from LambdaTest end.

In case something goes wrong at LambdaTest end, the Support team is extremely responsive to analyze any platform-related issues. They even helped us shift easily from our local instances to their cloud platform.

What needs improvement?

The analytics over the automation dashboard can be more intuitive. The good part is that we have relayed some of our suggestions to the support and as per their support team, those suggestions are to be considered as a part of their upcoming sprint, so we look forward to seeing them onboard soon.

We have been using LambdaTest for one year.

Up to now, we have never had any issues with stability!

We evaluated Sauce Labs and CrossBrowserTesting.

Matt D  Burch
Software Engineer/Software Lead at Boeing
Saves us time by running many tests in parallel, and there is good communication from the support team

• "The support docs are precise and you can get started with them easily."
  • "You cannot perform native-app testing, as they offer simulation for web testing only."

What is our primary use case?

The industry we function in, e-commerce, has a broad category of audience. We need to make sure that our website is accessible to everyone irrespective of the browser or operating system they use.

Of course, a responsive web design check is a major bullet point over our testing checklist as well. As a B2C, it's crucial for us to stay ahead of the customers and we wanted a solution that could help us ensure our changes would work seamlessly when shipped to production.

How has it helped my organization?

LambdaTest made a great fit here when considering the latest browsers on the product. The ability to test local pages, along with complimentary access to the LT browser, is an absolute delight for our developers and testers.

It helps us save a considerable effort on responsive testing, plus the native developer tools allow us to dig deep into any UI mismatch! As mentioned, we can achieve wider test coverage in the same amount of time by running multiple combinations of browsers in parallel with the LambdaTest automation suite.

What is most valuable?

The support docs are precise and you can get started with them easily.

The Underpass app provides a one-click launch to test on development environments.

The LT browser offers a comparison view with pre-set mobile devices. Plus, we can add custom devices to it.

The location-based tests helped us provide a unified experience to our customers.

Integration with Bamboo CI was an added benefit.

What needs improvement?

You cannot perform native-app testing, as they offer simulation for web testing only. However, from what I have heard, they are promising to go live with it shortly.

We have been using LambdaTest for six months.

We are happy with the communication from the support team.

Our decision to purchase the subscription was due to their affordable pricing for the parallel tests and the communication from the support team!

Lee  Jelley
Senior Consultant at Contino
Automated parallel testing saves us time, and the geolocation testing is impressive

• "Builds that took days to complete with in-house infrastructure were executed in a couple of hours."
  • "I think Lambdatest is a valuable tool for our team and things that have room for improvement would be mobile app testing, as it can be an important addition to the tool."

What is our primary use case?

Having a global user base, we have active traffic from varied locations and testing on multiple platforms and browsers is a continuous process for the team. Our automated tests for web browsers on the latest versions and mobile browsers, including Android and iOS, required a larger farm of VMs to function smoothly.

LambdaTest helped us with solving this issue, allowing us to run our automated tests on a much larger VM farm.

How has it helped my organization?

LambdaTest has made our testing process less tedious with automated parallel testing. Builds that took days to complete with in-house infrastructure were executed in a couple of hours.

Parallel testing has helped us with faster feedback loops to scale up our go to market efforts.

We also use Azure Pipelines for CI/CD and the LambdaTest extension for Azure has helped us achieve a seamless testing experience for our privately hosted projects. Thanks to that, we are now able to easily ensure browser compatibility for all changes before we move them to Prod. Kudos to the team!

What is most valuable?

The feature that stands out for us is geolocation testing, where all you need to do is run the capabilities and test the website for the desired location.

I also use the LambdaTest Automation insights frequently to analyze trends of the pass/fail rate of our tests, which helps me analyze the suites that are prone to failure and what can be done to eliminate it.

The tool allows me to filter data up to a year and for different test types and users (if that's in your plan), which I found interesting and productive to analyze.

What needs improvement?

I think Lambdatest is a valuable tool for our team and things that have room for improvement would be mobile app testing, as it can be an important addition to the tool. It would be a good package for Lambdatest!

We have been using LambdaTest for eight months.

We did not use another similar testing solution prior to LambdaTest.

We evaluated Sauce Labs and CrossBrowserTesting.

Martin  I.
Senior QA Engineer at PaperCut Software
Easy to set up, good support, and we now find critical bugs easier with less effort than before

• "LambdaTest offers geolocation testing in automation, which is amazing!"
  • "Mobile application testing will be an added benefit for us if LambdaTest implements this really soon."

What is our primary use case?

Using LambdaTest Selenium Grid, we have radically reduced the manual testing effort while ensuring our web application's cross-browser compatibility. It's crucial for us, as a healthcare provider, to make sure that there are no errors.

We had to incorporate a lot of changes due to COVID-19 and our in-house infrastructure plateaued the testing cycles, delaying our go-to-market. That’s where LambdaTest came to pull us through.

How has it helped my organization?

LambdaTest is brilliant.

The ease of testing locally hosted URLs over hundreds of browsers & operating systems without worrying about infrastructure issues has led us to deliver better software, faster!

Leveraging LambdaTest cloud infrastructure, we could scale our automation test cycles without much of a struggle. Our automation team could execute Selenium scripts in their preferred language, and the ability to test parallelly helped us optimize our continuous deployment.

Thanks to LambdaTest, we can find more critical bugs with less manual testing efforts.

What is most valuable?

LambdaTest offers geolocation testing in automation, which is amazing! You can select browsers, timezone, and country, then run the capability to start testing instantly.

We could scale up with parallel testing in local environments without any maintenance cost.

Support documentations are of good help to run tests parallelly.

Also, it offers integration with project management tools like JIRA, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, and Gitlab, which makes our cycle easier.

What needs improvement?

Mobile application testing will be an added benefit for us if LambdaTest implements this really soon.

I would also like to test on real devices, and we have communicated the same to their support team.

I have been working with LambdaTest for one year.

The support team is highly responsive, so they will guide you better.

We previously used Sauce Labs, and we switched for better pricing.

The setup is super easy.

LambdaTest is priced well, which is why we migrated to it.