No Magic MagicDraw Overview

No Magic MagicDraw is the #11 ranked solution of our Business Process Design tools. It's rated 4.0 out of 5 stars, and is most commonly compared to Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect: No Magic MagicDraw vs Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect

What is No Magic MagicDraw?
MagicDraw is the award-winning business process, architecture, software and system modeling tool with teamwork support. Designed for Business Analysts, Software Analysts, Programmers, QA Engineers, and Documentation Writers, this dynamic and versatile development tool facilitates analysis and design of Object Oriented (OO) systems and databases.

No Magic MagicDraw is also known as MagicDraw.

No Magic MagicDraw Buyer's Guide

Download the No Magic MagicDraw Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2020

No Magic MagicDraw Customers
Northrop Grumman, Labcorp, Deposco, ClearView Training, IT Services Promotion Agency, Intelligent Chaos, Metalithic Systems Inc., Sodifrance
No Magic MagicDraw Video

No Magic MagicDraw Reviews

Terry Jones
President at I2R, Inc.
Jun 27, 2020
Great for model-based engineering with lots of excellent features and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

I use CAE software to support my consulting practice. I'm an independent consultant and I use it with my clients primarily for business transformation projects - define, assess and re-design business architecture to either prepare for ERP projects or to improve existing business practices. When I use the term business architecture, I'm primarily talking about looking at corporate strategy, business organizational structure, business process designs, and IT & Software architecture.

• When you look at it, No Magic is an all-encompassing tool. You can use it for business architecture design. You can use it for deploying an ERP system across your enterprise. However, it was initially designed and developed for model-based systems engineering. That's the systems engineering required to either produce an IP system or product. It takes away the mounds of paper and puts it into a model. It enables you to generate significant savings by modeling that new product or that system before you ever start developing a prototype.
  • There's lots of documentation. They process multiples of guides. They've got all kinds of guides and documentation out there, but it's kind of hard to find. There are a lot of videos. You can go to YouTube and find videos on how it's been used in different ways, but it just kind of scratches the surface.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• I would say licensing would be anywhere from $3,500 to $6,500 per person or per seat (it's a per seat style license).

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I know there are some little nuisances here and there. Still, it works. I've had good success with it. It's got a lot of capability. It's just a little pricey. On the market right now, there is a lot of software out there that's pretty pricey, and many out there that are a lot more expensive. Like ARIS, for example.
reviewer919647
Adjunct Professor at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Jul 26, 2020
Flexible modeling with team collaboration, but need improvements to the object management group and user manuals

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for modeling and collaboration.

• The most valuable feature is the amount of flexibility that one has to model, which is great for an individual.
  • When I am working with my Mac and I right-click to copy and paste, it doesn't work.

What other advice do I have?

I am a sole proprietor consultant and I work within teams that are a mix of contractors and government employees. Also, I am an adjunct professor. My advice goes back to the 80/20 rule. There is 20% of the basic fundamental capabilities that you will get you 80% of what you need or more. My advice is to have a standard framework for a model within the enterprise. In terms of a standard hierarchy structure, know where you put the requirements or the logical architecture. Also, know how it changes depending on whether you are dealing with a system or with a system's assistance. The system's…
Find out what your peers are saying about Dassault, Sparx Systems, Microsoft and others in Business Process Design. Updated: November 2020.
447,718 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1327089
Expert System Engineer at a transportation company with 51-200 employees
Apr 21, 2020
Can be customized to your needs and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

We use MagicDraw for model-based systems engineering. It differs from standard systems engineering applications by using models, as opposed to words or sheets. We define our system or subsystems via models and interfaces and then define the relationships between them. It is used mostly during the design phase of all of our projects. After the production and testing phases, it is no longer used.

• The technical support is very good.
  • The cost of upgrading the product should be lower.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• In addition to the initial cost, you have to pay annually for support in order to get the upgrades.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is designing complex projects, like defense projects or space projects, is that they have to use this program or one like it. All of the stakeholders have to understand that they need to review the product using models, in addition to the documents. Following this will ensure that it is very easy to understand the product that is being designed. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Terry Jones
President at I2R, Inc.
Nov 11, 2019
Quickly build multiple layers within the organizational and business process environments

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is enterprise modeling, providing integration between program management and systems engineering. For several years now, I have focused on building a model for continuous improvement that integrates strategy planning, project management, analytics, process design, and change management that I can implement for clients. Magic Draw provides, I would say, an eighty-percent solution for this capability. More so than any other product that I've evaluated.

• The most valuable feature is the ability to quickly build multiple layers within the organizational and business process environments, as well as in the SysML product environments, and converting to files that can be accessed by clients who do not have a system and a teamwork server access.
  • I would like to see the ability to deploy live business process models and capture real-time data (without the need for another product tool) so you don't have to be dependent on other products for this functionality.

What other advice do I have?

Magic Draw has capabilities that I'm sure I haven't even touched on, but at least for what I'm attempting to achieve, it provides the most capability to meet my needs at this point in time.
PalcsoAttila
CEO at SEP Consulting kft.
Reseller
Nov 15, 2020
Has good accuracy and flexibility

What is our primary use case?

We use MagicDraw for software design from scratch. We redesigned an electric signature in the last year. It is a good tool. It's a little better than Enterprise Architect. But we cannot delegate the final processes to the user client. I need to export the results to Confluence where the client can check it.

• I would rate MagicDraw a nine out of ten because of the price. Enterprise Architect has a lot of bugs and MagicDraw is a lot more accurate and flexible. It's a level better.
  • The licenses are expensive compared to similar tools. At the moment, the user is open to using MagicDraw if it's 15% more than other solutions. If it were to cost any more, they wouldn't use it.

James Towers
Principal Systems Engineer at Object Flow
Sep 4, 2020
Has good usability, high standards compliance, and interfaces with other software

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are: Usability Standards compliance Interfaces with other software

What needs improvement?

Stability and scalability are both good. Our clients are mainly enterprise size.

Their technical support is good.

I ran it on a Mac and it was very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to do a proof of concept. Ensure that your engineers have the training, not just in the tool, but also in the languages they're going to use. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud