Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks Overview

Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks is the #1 ranked solution in our list of Container Security Solutions. It is most often compared to Aqua Security: Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks vs Aqua Security

What is Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks?

The move to the cloud has changed all aspects of the application development lifecycle – security being foremost among them. Security and DevOps teams face a growing number of entities to secure as organizations adopt cloud native approaches. Ever-changing environments challenge developers to build and deploy at a frantic pace, while security teams remain responsible for the protection and compliance of the entire lifecycle. Prisma™ Cloud by Palo Alto Networks delivers complete security across the development lifecycle on any cloud, enabling you to develop cloud native applications with confidence.

Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks is also known as Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud, Prisma Public Cloud, RedLock Cloud 360, RedLock, Twistlock, Aporeto.

Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide

Download the Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks Customers

Amgen, Genpact, Western Asset, Zipongo, Proofpoint, NerdWallet, Axfood, 21st Century Fox, Veeva Systems, Reinsurance Group of America

Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

DG
CTO at Aymira Healthcare Technologies, LLC
Ensures compliance and keeps us free of bad actors

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution was to run the rule set for the CIS 20 framework and HIPAA compliance.

• "The most valuable feature is that the rule set is managed and that it can be run on a regularly scheduled basis."
  • "The pricing for the solution needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product for which I had a very specific need, and my security partner recommended it. This product is one of the leaders. I would, however, suggest that you do a POC before implementing this solution. It has very good support in all of the cloud environments. I think that they offer a lot of functionality in supporting that space. I don't think that this product is perfect, but it fits my needs perfectly. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
User
Has provided us with insight into the dynamic topology of our containers

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is for container security and monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us understand the dynamic topology of our containers and manage security through the application of policies that our pipelines apply straight from Git.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the automated forensics.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the inclusion of automated counter-attack, although this is probably illegal.

More than one year.
Learn what your peers think about Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Cloud Architect, Oracle ACE, Oracle DBA at Pythian
MSP
Helps secure our client's Linux workloads on any infrastructure, with end-to-end encryption

What is our primary use case?

Our client needed a solution which would be a true implementation of the concept "Trust, but verify," and Aporeto fulfills that notion as it decouples security from network and infrastructure. It services microservices in a nifty and seamless way.

• "The dynamic workload identity creation, attestation, and assignment is the best feature. In addition, the application dependency map across heterogeneous environments for compliance is a striking feature."
  • "More documentation with real-world use cases would be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it as a nine out of ten, due to its cloud-facing features which fit in nicely with the whole cloud ecosystem.
Download our free Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.