Statseeker Overview

Statseeker is the #11 ranked solution in our list of best Network Monitoring Tools. It is most often compared to SolarWinds NPM: Statseeker vs SolarWinds NPM

What is Statseeker?
Statseeker is the only network performance monitoring technology to seamlessly and successfully combine speed + scale + value. Statseeker is a global provider delivering innovative network monitoring solutions for the IT enterprise and OT industrial market space. With active deployments in over 22 countries and many Fortune 100 firms, Statseeker monitors millions of interfaces in real-time. Instant visibility: Installed in minutes, polls up to 1 million ports from a single server… reduce your time to repair. Powerful monitoring: Checks every port over entire network, every 60 seconds… low network consumption bandwidth. Fast reporting: Practical real-time dashboard, reports in seconds, instant alerts… maximize your up-time. Smart data: 100% network data, original granularity, never rolled up, never averaged… tune for peak performance, control CAPEX and OPEX.
Statseeker Buyer's Guide

Download the Statseeker Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Statseeker Customers
With active deployments in over 22 countries and many Fortune 100 firms, Statseeker monitors millions of interfaces in real-time. Some example customers include: FedEx, Optus, Verizon, California State University, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Monash University, Texas A&M University.
Statseeker Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

it_user115695
Senior Capacity Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Summary Reports quickly identify potential issues; drill-downs provide granular details

What is our primary use case?

Capacity management of devices and carriage services.

• "Summary Reports provide a quick way to identify where potential issues are. Drill-downs provide more granular details very quickly."
  • "Key features for us are custom reporting, 95th Percentile, and trend lines."
  • "Detailed data can be hard to extract in CSV form. Sometimes, being able to dump down raw data would be good so various time periods across a longer period could be analysed. At present, data can be presented within Statseeker, but there is lots of "white space" between data points."

What other advice do I have?

Understand what your outputs and customer requirements are first. Then configure the environment to support those needs.
it_user854070
Network Specialist at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides us with very descriptive transmit and receive information

What is our primary use case?

Interface monitoring, mainly for interface statistics. We use it for monitoring up/down, capacity management, bandwidth utilization, reporting.

• "The most important feature for us is the interface statistics, because our customer normally asks us for bandwidth utilization reports. Statseeker has very descriptive transmit and receive information."

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. I recommend it. I think it's great value. It's an easy tool to use. Support is fantastic and Statseeker are always looking to improve. We've had a few meetings where they always ask for suggestions on how they can improve their system to tailor it to customers' requirements.
    Learn what your peers think about Statseeker. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
    511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    CJ
    Network Tools Specialist at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Key for me is that it doesn't aggregate the information up; I can look at detailed information going back quite a long time

• "The most important feature is just the fact that it doesn't aggregate the information up, and I can look at detailed information going back quite a long time."
    • "If you need a product that's able to monitor all the ports in your environment or all the ports that you want, this is a great product to use. Statseeker is quite flexible in tailoring the product, spending time tailoring the product with you. It's fairly low maintenance. It's quite quick."
    • "The main issue I've seen, in the last six months to a year, is when I upgrade I seem to be hitting bugs. The upgrade won't go smoothly and I have to engage support. These things happen when you upgrade, it's not the end of the world, but from a stability point of view, the only time I've so far, is during upgrades."

What other advice do I have?

From an end-user point of view, I would say it's fairly intuitive once you've got it up and running, once you've spent some time on it. It's a fairly intuitive product as to how to generate reports. It just takes time to work your way through it. Maybe you could get a trainer or a subject matter expert to show people how to do stuff, but the more time you spend on the product, the more you get to understand it, and the easier it is to use. It's not super-complicated to use. There's a reasonable number of instruction videos from Statseeker. It's not a complicated product to use from an end-user…
    SL
    Network Analayst
    Grouping, Threshold/alerts, and Netflow analyser provide visibility into the network

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of Statseeker is to monitor network performance on physical, data, and network layers of the network.

• "Grouping, Threshold/alerts, Netflow analyser, Private MIB object support are most valuable as they can provide more visibility into network performance, and for network troubleshooting."
    • "It could use more features on Netflow analyser, such as time series graphs and a single network export UDP port and UDP forwarding."
    • "More private MIB object support, such as WAN optimisation performance and wireless, would be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

I am happy to advise others to use this product for monitoring their networks, as it is working so well. It is easy to use and a great value for investment.
    Abdul  Khaliq Rajput
    IT Manager Network Operation at Al Rajhi Bank
    Provides us proactive reports about outages and utilization

What is our primary use case?

* Monitoring entire network * Creating outage and performance reports

• "It catches frequent flapping of the network and provides detailed reports of outages."
    • "Configuration management: In configuration management it would be helpful if it would backup configuration files (running and start-up configuration) for devices. (Not sure if this is already available in the latest version)."

What other advice do I have?

It is very scalable, stable, easy to use and manage.
    Dan Davis
    Network Engineer-OCIO at a university with 10,001+ employees
    It is a good monitoring tool. It does the job.

What other advice do I have?

Know Unix. It’s a must.
    Darrick Lutz
    Systems Analyst at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    SNMP monitoring for up/down locations and bandwidth monitoring are valuable.

What other advice do I have?

There is no high availability over multiple locations (datacenters) and if you want to maintain what is monitored, I suggest you use the host file. Automatic has never really worked the way I expected it to.
    it_user573489
    IT Admin with 1,001-5,000 employees
    We like its precision in having the true data available indefinitely and the ease of use.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to give it a chance. Look past the bells and whistles of competing products. What you're getting with Statseeker is a far superior tool, in terms of precision in having the true data available indefinitely and the ease of use. Look past what you've seen before and give Statseeker a chance. Once you have done that, you are good to go and you won't want to use any other tool. They have never put out a product, an update, or anything that didn't work. It always worked right away with these expectations.
    Lance Jeffery
    Senior Network Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Traffic Analyzer validates the source and destination, how much bandwidth is being consumed, and the protocols being used.

What other advice do I have?

Get their full trial, try it out and use it to solve your issues, you will not be disappointed.
    it_user561867
    IT Operations Manager at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
    We can quickly see at a glance the overall status of devices on the network. The interface could use a refresh.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure you are clear on what you need the tool to do and get a proof of concept on your network to prove it. Make sure that the tool can be tailored to provide you with what you need, not just what comes out of the box.
    it_user566184
    Network Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
    We use it on a daily basis, mainly for incident management.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that your naming convention is kept the same to make it easier to search use all lower case as capitol letter are treated differently to lower case. I would rate the product as 8 out of 10, it is a robust application that we use on a daily basis mainly for incident management.