Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Overview

Symantec Identity Governance and Administration is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top User Provisioning Software. It is most often compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: Symantec Identity Governance and Administration vs SailPoint IdentityIQ

What is Symantec Identity Governance and Administration?

The Symantec Identity Governance and Administration (formerly CA Identity Suite) provides comprehensive identity management and governance capabilities with a simple, intuitive user experience. This user experience can dramatically simplify processes such as user access requests and access certifications, resulting in improved productivity and user satisfaction. In addition, the Symantec Identity Governance and Administration performs risk analysis and certification and enables remediation actions in real-time during the access provisioning steps, thereby improving audit performance and risk posture with preventive policy enforcement.

While providing these business and governance-centric capabilities for business users, the Symantec Identity Governance and Administration also delivers core enterprise-grade identity management and governance capabilities, including broad provisioning support for on-premise and cloud apps, extensibility and flexibility to integrate with other IT systems and consumer-grade scale. This means organizations are not forced to choose between usability and performance. With the Symantec Identity Governance and Administration, they can have both.

Symantec Identity Governance and Administration is also known as CA Identity Suite, Symantec IGA, Layer7 Identity Suite, CA Identity Manager (CA IDM), CA Identity Minder, CA IAM, CA Identity Manager (CA IDM), CA Identity Governance.

Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Buyer's Guide

Download the Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Customers

Acciona, Core Blox, DBS

Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Video

Symantec Identity Governance and Administration Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Solution110c
Solution Architect with 1-10 employees
Jul 18, 2018
You can set it up in a PoC very quickly to demonstrate its provisioning capabilities, but it has a lot of room for improvement

• "When comparing it to other products, you can set up CA IAM in a PoC very quickly to demonstrate its provisioning capabilities."
  • "It is easy to use, and does not requires an extensive programming or development background."
  • "The product has a lot of need for improvement. Our issues are being raised back to the vendor as enhancements."

What other advice do I have?

The product is considered good, in the top five. Looking at the product features carefully if your organization has complex provisioning requirements and business processes to find gaps. Finally, always search for the best implementation team, who has skills and experience.
Efrén Yanez
Security Manager & CM Specialist & Mainframe Specialist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Apr 30, 2018
Identifies, debugs and models the privileges of your organization, adapting it to business strategies.

What is our primary use case?

The primary uses cases are: - The analysis of privileges to generate roles - Revision of segregation of rights based on client rules - Certification of privileges (compliance) - Fulfill the cycle of existing privileges, under review / approval and delivery to the IM solution to materialize the changes and maintain the standard

What other advice do I have?

Important to find someone with experience implementing this type of solution to ensure the success of its implementation.
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, SailPoint, ForgeRock and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: February 2021.
465,891 professionals have used our research since 2012.
LeadSolu4b96
Lead Solution Advisor at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jan 10, 2018
Features, stability, and support are good, but it needs better integration with HR systems

What is our primary use case?

We are using CA Identity Management product to provide an identity management service for the largest in the retail industry. Performance is good, but the other side, the drawback with the CA Identity Manager is they don't have a connector to HR systems like SAP, or PeopleSoft, or Workday. That's a major drawback with the CA Identity Manager. For that we have to do lots of custom quoting to get data from HR systems.

• "The drawback with the CA Identity Manager is they don't have a connector to HR systems like SAP, or PeopleSoft, or Workday. That's a major drawback with the CA Identity Manager. For that we have to do lots of custom quoting to get data from HR systems. And if they could connect it to GRC systems, that's good to have in an identity product."

What other advice do I have?

When we are choosing a vendor we will go for whether they have the capability to connect to the target system. The basic feature would be connectivity. If the product doesn't have the capability to connect to that system, we will need to do something else to get or push this information to that system. Connectivity is the main thing. I'd rate it seven out of 10. Those connectivity issues are the only reasons. Functionality-wise, it's good. The features that they have are good.
    Rahul KS
    Technologist at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
    Dec 31, 2017
    Policy writing and provisioning are easy, but should be improved

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our user management. It is definitely streamlined.

What is most valuable?

Writing policies and provisioning are easy.

What needs improvement?

Policy writing and provisioning are easy, but should be improved. Provisioning has a dependency on Windows.

Three to five years.

No, we have not.

No, we have not.

I would say they are good, but there is always room to improve.

Yes, custom codes. It was not as reliable as CA Identity Manager.

it_user779286
    Consultant at Deloitte
    Dec 13, 2017
    Consolidates applications, streamlines user access, but Identity tool needs better audit reporting

What is our primary use case?

Managing identities at a financial services institution. We're implementing it currently, so I have no real measure of how it's going to perform, but so far so good.

• "Streamlines user access, consolidates applications."
    • "The Identity tool needs to do more kinds of reporting for audit purposes. It doesn't really track any of the metrics that are useful to us, at this point."

What other advice do I have?

It's early but so far I give it a seven out of 10. Most of the issues we've had with it are coming from business complexity rather than the product itself. The support's been good from CA. In terms of advice to a colleague who is looking for a similar solution, that's difficult because I've done SalePoint and CA. It's up to them. It's based on the organization itself, so they have to do more evaluation than what I can provide for them. I'd recommend they do their research and pick what's best for them, but I'd say we have no problems with CA's software.
    it_user778596
    Developer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Dec 11, 2017
    Has created good, internal performance improvement and user experience

What is our primary use case?

Provisioning. It has performed well.

• "It has good endpoint support and endpoint connectivity to different versioning endpoints."
    • "Identity Manager has a lack of entitlement support, unlike other products that I have worked with."
    it_user778986
    Product Manager at Suramericana
    Dec 5, 2017
    It has helped us to have better rules for the application and grow the business process

What is our primary use case?

This product is the main application for governance to identity and coordinate the application for a business process, improve the compliance certification, and have better risk management.

What is most valuable?

Governance Identity

How has it helped my organization?

This product has helped us to have better rules for the application and grow the business process. We can then implement these rules in the product to have automated contracts.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see integration with analytics. Also, for them to be more efficient regarding discovering and implementing new rules.

Still implementing.

It is too soon to rate them as we are…
    it_user723975
    Senior Information Security Analyst at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
    Nov 22, 2017
    Enabled us to identify and certify over 6000 role-based profiles

What other advice do I have?

Choose a CA partner who is experienced in implementing this product and establish all Access Manager rules before you start operating the product. The product gives you a a nice overview but it's a good idea to define basic rules to create access profiles and certification.
    it_user124563
    Head of Identity and Access Management at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Jun 30, 2017
    Through the centralization and automation of access management functions, we've improved our security. However, its complexity and usability are areas that could use improvement.

• "Provisioning engine (on the back-end, separate from front-end components, that's part of layered architecture)."
    • "The reporting functions."

What other advice do I have?

Run PoC with as close to production deployment as possible; pay attention to TCO and ROI after including provisioning costs on support services for implementation and maintenance as well as required design of reports and business processes and UIs.
    it_user345663
    Senior Manager - Identity and Access Management at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Jun 30, 2017
    Automation has improved the way we function because we don't have to perform manual work over identity-related controls. We'd like better information display for the approvals within the workflow.

• "Automated provisioning removes manual labor and manual provisioning."
    • "A better information display for the approvals within the workflow would give them more information and the ability to comment back on a request as to why they're rejecting it. We've been telling them we'd like this improvement, and we hope to see it."

What other advice do I have?

We always look at the stability and the amount of endpoints and attributes that can be included, plus the ease of use. Make sure that it can accurately serve your needs, especially from an endpoint point-of-view. You need all your users to be able to use it seamlessly without scalability issues. It loses points on the upgrade process. We require CA's help each time, and the upgrades, especially with our number of users, has been a challenge.
    it_user349428
    Software Engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Jun 30, 2017
    It’s provided us a single point to create users and then provision them to different sources. Yet, the footprint is so large we have 10 servers just to run basic services.

• "The most valuable features are role-based access and identity provisioning, which allow a single point of user access to multiple places."
    • "It has a large footprint which you'd expect to be much, much smaller. Just to run basic services, we have 10 different servers. Also, if it were easier to manage, that'd be useful."

What other advice do I have?

CA is great to work with, but to use it, just learn the product suites and how the individual products interact. Make sure you have a good layout and you have everything you need.
    it_user401733
    Managing Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Jun 29, 2017
    ​I like the new interface. It has the same look and feel across devices such as browser and mobile.​

What is most valuable?

Connector Xpress and Policy Xpress and the new interface.

How has it helped my organization?

I like the new interface. It has the same look and feel across devices, such as browser and mobile.

What needs improvement?

Reporting could be improved.

5 years.

Eight out of 10.

The latest version is very simple to set up and install with a lot of wizards. It also comes with a new Virtual Appliance which can select the features and be ready to use. …
    Amlan Sahoo
    Systems-Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Jun 26, 2017
    The IM is the most valuable feature to me. I also find the solution's documentation and community valuable.

• "Using the implementation guide, I was able to implement the solution with ease."
    • "I find the API boring. I also faced issues while integrating with CA SSO."

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this product to others. There are better products on the market, as I later came to know about Sailpoint, DELL IDM, and NetIQ.
    Efrén Yanez
    Feb 9, 2017
    It has increased our automation and maintenance of SLA security functions, although I would like to see the human resource onboarding/offboarding processes improved.

What other advice do I have?

If you analyze the evolution of these type of solutions, there are still uncovered needs and the customers are still identifying needs. The important thing here is the adaptability to integrate and deal with new technologies. The solution integrates with solutions like CA API Management/SSO and others. Find someone with experience implementing this type of solutions to ensure the success of its implementation.
    it_user558657
    Snr Application Analyst at Rogers Communication
    Jan 8, 2017
    Fast, stable solution with which we can provision all of our employees.

What other advice do I have?

I have many colleagues from different companies and we all tend to lean towards CA products. We are accustomed to using CA.
    PrincipalSecArch140
    Principal Security Architect II at a engineering company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Dec 28, 2016
    A single pane of glass to see what users have access to. Recurring Java memory leaks.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely understand your access base for your user from the business perspective. If you're made up of different companies, get a clear understanding of how those different companies get access to users, so you can make it easier when the roll out comes out and do role-based implementations.
    it_user558450
    Sr Prin IT Technologist at Medtronic
    Dec 15, 2016
    Automation of the provisioning engine reduced our manual interactions. I'd like More components to support the active-active model of high availability.

What other advice do I have?

Any solution that you pick will have its fair share of challenges. Understand and document what you really want done. You need to define what you want to accomplish in a provisioning solution scenario before you embark to try to achieve it.
    it_user558459
    CTO, Application Development at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Dec 7, 2016
    We have streamlined the identity management process.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise to do a lot of analysis before you get in because the product itself has a lot of capabilities. However, understanding and making sure that all these capabilities are captured, is very important for implementation. The first criteria while selecting a vendor was how much support we could get from the vendor. This was our primary concern because a lot of identity management software vendors provided the same solution but the level of support was very important for us. The second criteria is what niche capability the product brings in and how it stands out from the competition. To…
    it_user558513
    Information Technology Specialist - Information Security at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Dec 4, 2016
    It provides legacy interfacing, including with our mainframe. The UI and usability need to be improved.

What other advice do I have?

User interface is an important feature, especially in the sector from where I am coming from. Later releases are just allowing a user to know what to do in the product. I would wish others good luck while purchasing this product.
    it_user32025
    Managing Director, Application Development
    Feb 17, 2016
    We implemented CA Identity Manager to allow us to automate the self service reset of passwords.

What other advice do I have?

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor is stability, the quality of their product, price is always a factor; to make sure you can afford it. We looked at what we had, switching to a new product then we compared it with several other vendors. We typically would go through a matrix and say, "Okay, here are all the items that we feel are important," so when we make that decision you can go back and say this is why and how we made it. Rating: I'd say probably 8/10. Again, we haven't had any issues from a support perspective, once we've implemented it it's been very solid, people love…
    it_user372633
    Senior IT Manager at Best Western Hotels & Resorts
    Jan 20, 2016
    I would say the most valuable feature is provisioning where we are able to provide user access to all the resources they need in a uniform way that we can audit.

What other advice do I have?

We rely on word of mouth. We try to see if anybody has experience with working with this vendor. We're looking, not just for a vendor or a partner, we're looking for somebody who could be open, who can truly collaborate with us where we can exchange information freely and have both parties benefit. We really do not like having this vendor relationship where you throw something over the fence and you have this contract that tries to encompass everything. We want to have somebody that, even though our contract is limited to something, if it's something that either party is obviously responsible…
    it_user197580
    Enterprise Architect at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Jan 20, 2016
    We were using a homegrown-built system to manage identities and needed a better way to automate the process.

What other advice do I have?

It is really important that we find out what the community thinks of these products. They have been through the war, so to speak, and their ability to learn and understand what the shortcomings were, what lessons learned happened for them in their particular context, is really important for us. Simply getting a White Paper is great. It's a starting point, but I like to augment that with blog reviews and understand what the rest of world thinks about our product, especially when it comes to critical products like something like an identity management system.
    it_user372519
    CIO at Bank Hapoalim
    Jan 20, 2016
    We previously had an old security system and we saw that we needed a more robust system.

What other advice do I have?

As it looks for now, it looks as an 8/10. I believe that it can go up to 9 and 10 in the future. I think that stability issues in the beginning of the process are a major thing. Getting the system up and running smoothly took us quite a few months. The main area would be the security area of course. Even our own employees, for example, cannot see customer data on the system. It's all encrypted so we don't see passwords, we have limited viewability of what's happening on the system in the security areas. I think that the system that's built to disable our own employees from data leak prevention…
    it_user354783
    Sr. IT Security Architect at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Dec 13, 2015
    Now that we have auto-provisioning, we just define the provisioning rules for access privileges and defined, targeted endpoints.

What other advice do I have?

Have something in your mind, like a handful of targeted endpoints. Stick with them, implement it, then extend to the others. Don't just change your scope.
    it_user354783
    Sr. IT Security Architect at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Dec 11, 2015
    it allows us to see the full, big picture of all the inter-connectivity of rules certification, provisioning, and endpoints. The tech support needs work.

What other advice do I have?

Be sure to define your scope properly.
    it_user351318
    Senior Information Security Analyst with 10,001+ employees
    Dec 11, 2015
    We use IBM WebSphere, and Identity Manager works with it, as both sides achieve development and production.

What other advice do I have?

You have to plan what you need. I had a bad experience in the past with an Oracle solution as my last company didn’t know what they needed. It's important to know what you need and where you can go. You need to have your systems and your integration prepared. We have had some surprises.
    it_user351660
    Sr. Systems Analyst/Tech Lead at Loblaw Companies Limited
    Dec 10, 2015
    ​It reduces a lot of the manual requests for on-boarding a new hire. We'd like to see improvements on the admin-side interface.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you integrate with other CA solutions from day one. It can be a challenge to get buy-in from other teams if you want to integrate later on.
    it_user351561
    Middleware Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
    Dec 10, 2015
    Allows us to identify a role for each application or for a group of applications.

What other advice do I have?

Learn well how to use it. Train. Get CA training if you can as that would be the best.
    it_user334890
    Manager, Identity and Access Management with 10,001+ employees
    Dec 2, 2015
    It has enabled us to automate the process for adding and removing employees. The provisioning manager could use improvements.

What other advice do I have?

You should know well your company's HR processes and rules to control the automation process.
    it_user348315
    Information Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Dec 2, 2015
    End users now have an easier process requesting security access, although there are times when it looks as if it's available but a submitted request will get stuck.

What other advice do I have?

They’re reactive to our needs but don’t really understand our environment. A more in-depth understanding of our environment would help dig deep enough to help us get to where we need to be. They should have a handle on the role methodology that they’re going to pursue and use in their solution. That can get out of hand and become ridiculously unmanageable. That’s where we kind of jumped in and didn’t have anyone to guide us and provide an alternate perspective. We got into a methodology before understanding that’s the road we should have gone down.
    it_user342633
    SiteMinder Engineer at a government with 501-1,000 employees
    Nov 25, 2015
    User record, self-service features, and user rules and entitlements help us manage our users, although the only issue we have is related to the Microsoft integration.

What other advice do I have?

I don't see any issues with CA, and everyone in the business is happy with CA and their support. Everything is good.
    it_user334941
    Security Consulting Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Nov 10, 2015
    It's allowed us to implement compliance improvements. There's room for improvement on how components interact with each other and external components.

What other advice do I have?

At first, a company should have an IAM strategy and clear vision. Then thorough a vendor comparison matrix to determine what product(s) matches what you need. Only then it will you have an understanding of whether to implement CA or not.
    it_user328731
    Information Security Manager at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Oct 18, 2015
    We like that it synchronizes with our HR system. We would like to see customer service respond faster.

What is most valuable?

The user interface The synchronization with our HR system

How has it helped my organization?

I know that CA are always trying to improve and upgrading with improvements.

I've used it for 11 years, and it has improved greatly over time.

After a big update and upgrade, we have no problems with the system.

The system is very stable, it isn’t freezing and it handles everything very well.

They don’t give a resolution immediately. They tend to take time coming up with answers. We are not really satisfied with the customer service. They do…
    it_user326493
    Enterprise Architect at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Oct 18, 2015
    It helps us with propagation of identities, although it'd be great if they could enable social media identities.

What other advice do I have?

I would be clear on what is the price for your customer and their identities. If you are going to manage partners, customers and other entities the numbers can get quite large, so it’s important to understand what you are getting. We did a number of things in our deployment which made life more difficult on us. All in all it’s a positive relationship. The only concern we have is with the social logins and clouds.
    it_user293976
    Senior Infrastructure Engineer with 10,001+ employees
    Oct 18, 2015
    The GUI provides user-account centralization and auto-maintenance of accounts on different end points, yet the GUI is more complicated than it needs to be.

What other advice do I have?

As with all products, this has its pros and cons please do a study of other products based on your requirements before deciding on a product.
    it_user310890
    Chief Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Oct 11, 2015
    It provides for self-service and role-based provisioning, although the UI could use some improvements.

What is most valuable?

Self-service Role-based provisioning Access

How has it helped my organization?

It's saved on administration time, and reduced the wait time for access. It's also improved our compliance.

What needs improvement?

Installation and upgrading is complex User Interface

I've used it for six years.

We did have some issues, but we were able to resolve them.

Yes, as Jboss cannot handle too much load.

Yes, when feeding many users.

Customer Service: It's good. Technical Support: It's very good. …
    it_user326463
    Domestic Markets - Finance at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Oct 11, 2015
    It requires less people to administrate because it helps with profile configuration, although improvements to IHM would make it more user-friendly.

What other advice do I have?

Stay with the native functions, and don't make too many custom developments.
    it_user304782
    Middleware specialist at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
    Sep 27, 2015
    It provides a user-friendly front-end to manage LDAP-based users, and although the customer UI is modern, it could be improved more to made easier to use.

Valuable Features

Our customers find it easy to use.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides a user-friendly front-end to manage LDAP-based users.

Room for Improvement

The interface is modern, but could have been made even easier to use for the customers.

Use of Solution

I managed it for approximately three years.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: It's a little bit difficult to support. Technical Support: It's reasonable. The support is not the quickest to respond and does not have a mature process in terms of what logs must be gathered, and what to gather before raising a case.

Implementation Team

CA provided assistance with augmentation of the…
    it_user294231
    Information Security Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Sep 1, 2015
    It has provided a centralized platform to manage the lifecycle of all identities across different endpoint systems.

What is most valuable?

User-friendly UI In built connectors for various endpoints

How has it helped my organization?

It's provided a centralized platform to manage the lifecycle of all identities across different endpoint systems such as Active Directory, Salesforce, etc.

What needs improvement?

It should be better when doing custom connections.

I've used it for one year and two months.

There were very few issues.

At times we had issues with CA Identity Manager tasks getting hung in an "In Progress" state. We had to restart the instances, but that happens very seldom.

What do I think about the scalability of the

it_user201936
    Security Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Feb 28, 2015
    It has delegated responsibility across to the customers, but bulk load capability needs improving.

What other advice do I have?

Use an agile approach of delivery if the business is not aware of what it wants.
    it_user184776
    Senior Technical Consultant at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
    Jan 22, 2015
    Better recovery for the app server with the DB connectivity is needed. Access granularity is helpful.

What is most valuable?

Group management Task delegation Access granularity

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed local departments to manage the people in their own groups, without any help from the IT department.

What needs improvement?

Better recovery for the application server with the DB connectivity.

Two years.

Yes, at some point CA support repaired the bug.

Yes, sometimes the connection with the DB is lost, and it isn't fully recovered without restarting the server.

Customer…
    it_user183003
    Director of Engineering at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Jan 19, 2015
    While IDM has the capability to delegate, the process is not intuitive.
    it_user179250
    Applications Analyst with 10,001+ employees
    Jan 13, 2015
    Improvement to the control of policy execute is needed but Policy Xpress makes modifying handling of user data so easy

What is most valuable?

Policy Xpress makes modifications to how our user data is handled so easy.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has allowed me to take the repetitive tasks away from a person so the value of a person is better.

What needs improvement?

An out of the box way to control when a policy executes.

Five years.

No, not after someone explained a way to use Screen Logical Attributes to control the execution of policies.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: I love…
    it_user178560
    Assistant Manager at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Jan 6, 2015
    Extremely good customization possible but there are stability issues if there isn't enough RAM.

Valuable Features

Extremely good customization possible with respect to local language support.

Improvements to My Organization

In our environment we have build separate environments and roles structures based on language and look and feel for their products.

Use of Solution

4 years.

Only minor issues.

Sometimes, earlier only due to lack of RAM. Now it's stable most often.

Haven't faced any so far.

Customer Service: 8 out of 10. Technical Support: 7 out of 10.

It was a little complex.

Other Solutions Considered

No other options evaluated.

Other Advice

Perform a pre-implementation analysis as to what level you would like to implement the solution…
    it_user178524
    Senior Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Jan 6, 2015
    The major plus points are simplicity, but do ensure you have the right resources before you implement this product.​

it_user178146
    Manager, Domain Services Tech Ops at a hospitality company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Jan 5, 2015
    Be prepared for issues with the web interface and avoid heavy customization. Web services is a valuable feature.

Valuable Features

User provisioning Web services

Improvements to My Organization

Enabled enhanced delegated control to application owners and third party support reducing overhead cost to support desk and directory services teams

Room for Improvement

GUI/Web interface

Use of Solution

10+ years.

Numerous. Despite having a Linux/JBOSS version it does not perform at the same level of proficiency as Windows/.NET.

Customer Service: 9 out of 10. Technical Support: 7 out of 10,

Complex, documentation was inadequate as was professional services.

Implementation Team

Combination, and experience for professional services was less than adequate. …
    it_user176052
    Manager at Flex Consultancy Services Pte Ltd
    Dec 31, 2014
    Setup is considered straightforward due to a wizard based installation. However it is complicated due to HA requirements

What other advice do I have?

Compilation of data for Attestation manually may take 3-6 months or more if the organisation has large number of assets distributed across several countries. The need to maintain up-to-date access list on every asset also poses a challenge.
    it_user176574
    Delivery Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Dec 30, 2014
    Setup is straightforward and can be done quickly, but the UI has lots of room for improvement

What is most valuable?

Provisioning server and Policy Xpress.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a robust provisioning facility which enables admin configuration. Complex provisioning rules are quick to change when business requirements do.

What needs improvement?

Workflow engine and workflow configuration. Also, the user interface has a lot of room for improvement.

2 years.

Yes, we encountered many product issues during deployment, and some were identified as product limitations.

So far no, the product works well and it's stable.

Not at this moment. …
    it_user175146
    System Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Dec 23, 2014
    Features have been improving with each release. The web service configuration should be improved.

What is most valuable?

Connector Development (connector Express) and Policy Express enhanced feature which is improving every time with new releases.

How has it helped my organization?

Self service portal helps the user to manage approval, delegation, password management and its bulk task capability resolves lot of problem.

What needs improvement?

Custom connector, web service configuration and use.

4 years

Easy, I can say it's the best on the market with small amount of manpower.

No issues encountered.

How are customer service and

it_user1125
    Network Engineer at a retailer with 51-200 employees
    Jul 13, 2012
    “A smart identity management solution that adds to your business advantage”

What other advice do I have?

Medium to large sized organizations require Identity Manager in order to allocate their technology costs in a much better way. After a one time heavy installation cost, companies do not need to worry about user password/access issues that may occur on a daily basis.
    it_user1062
    Tech Support Staff at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
    Jun 29, 2012
    Identity manager is an identity management tool for administrators that governs and manages the identities of users, their access to the system, roles, and what they are allowed to do with data they have access to.

What other advice do I have?

Identity manager is designed to improve business security and compliance and efficiency by automating identity controls, which increases flexibility and agility of IT and businesses. It can be deployed on-site or as virtual and cloud services. It incorporates very critical features, like a module for structured administration, integrated compliance support and workflows, and self-services for users. I have used it for more than one year now.
    Download our free Identity Management (IM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, SailPoint, ForgeRock, and more!