Trend Micro ServerProtect Overview

Trend Micro ServerProtect is the #29 ranked solution in our list of endpoint security software. It is most often compared to CrowdStrike Falcon: Trend Micro ServerProtect vs CrowdStrike Falcon

What is Trend Micro ServerProtect?

Trend Micro ServerProtect for Storage, powered by XGen security, leverages a blend of cross-generational threat protection techniques to safeguard a wide range of network attached storage systems by detecting and removing viruses and spyware in real time. This comprehensive storage security uses the industry-standard ICAP protocol to complement support for traditional RPC communication protocols. To simplify network protection for EMC, NetApp, and Hitachi Data Systems storage systems, ServerProtect for Storage provides automatic, incremental security updates and centralized management of servers via a web-based console.

Trend Micro ServerProtect is also known as Trend Micro ServerProtect for Storage, ServerProtect, ServerProtect for Storage.

Download the Endpoint Protection (EPP) for Business Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Trend Micro ServerProtect Customers

Siemens

Trend Micro ServerProtect Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro ServerProtect pricing:
  • "Pricing is based on the components you choose from the suite to run in your installation. Costs vary by the number of features and the number of servers."
  • "Pricewise, this product is okay."

SA
Senior Specialist - Security Solutions at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Realtime intelligent end-to-end detection and protection from malware in a highly versatile product

What is our primary use case?

I am actually a reseller for Trend Micro. I do not use the ServerProtect product for my environment, I only resell the company's products. Our clients use it for multiple purposes on-demand, like using it as an IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), for Virtual Batching, or for application control. Those are only some of the use cases. There are many and they apply as per the needs of the particular client.

• "Virtual Batching and the intelligent anti-malware components are valuable security tools."
  • "The cost is very high and it should be lower to be more competitive."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I have for people considering this product as a solution is that I would recommend to go ahead and work with this product. Do an evaluation based on your setup and see if it suits your environment. It is definitely a good product to work with. Take time to choose the components you need based on your evaluations to keep the costs lower. On a scale from one to ten when one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as a nine-out-of-ten. Nothing is really perfect.
CK
Cyber Security Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Provides very good cloud-based endpoint protection with great technical support

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case for the solution is to provide our employees with endpoint security. We install it on their endpoint, deploy and manage it. Traffic size is quite small, with less than 40 workstations in our network and our aim is to begin offering it to our clients as an option. There are two of us in the company who maintain it - one IT person and myself and the solution is running 24/7. We are customers of Trend Micro ServerProtect and I'm a cybersecurity engineer.

• "It can be managed from the cloud."
  • "No built-in vulnerability scanner for management solutions."

What other advice do I have?

I think all the solutions for endpoint protection are quite good, so if someone is looking for a product they should check the pricing because that's where the major difference is. Most of the solutions get the job done and they are good at detecting threats I would rate this product an eight out of 10.
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, CrowdStrike, SentinelOne and others in Endpoint Protection (EPP) for Business. Updated: May 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MK
Head of IT Infrastructure at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Enables us to protect our OneDrive, SharePoint, and emails from malware

What is our primary use case?

Smart Protection is a suite from Trend Micro for endpoint antivirus, called Apex One. It comes with sandbox and we also use the mail protection and the mail host gateway, which is part of the same bundle. It allows us to protect the OneDrive and SharePoint, and emails too.

• "Allows us to protect OneDrive and SharePoint, and emails too."
  • "Lacking analytics and a machine learning technique."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to anyone. I don't have any issues with it. I would rate this product a nine out of 10.
UB
Networking & Security Specialist at a transportation company with 51-200 employees
Good pricing, stability and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for endpoint protection.

• "Technical support was perfect."
  • "Trend Micro is a little bit complicated when it comes to setting up special policies."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. We never got to test the cloud, but I believe there was a big advantage to using the cloud. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Zackeus Belang
Information Technology Security Assistant Manager at tabung amanah pekerja
Good data loss prevention features and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to protect our server and at the same time, we use it to monitor the DLP.

• "The most valuable feature is Data Loss Prevention (DLP)."
  • "I would like to see SMS notifications sent as alerts, in case we do not have access to our email."

What other advice do I have?

Download our free Endpoint Protection (EPP) for Business Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, CrowdStrike, SentinelOne, and more!