VNC Connect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

VNC Connect is #12 ranked solution in top Remote Access tools. IT Central Station users give VNC Connect an average rating of 10 out of 10. VNC Connect is most commonly compared to OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX):VNC Connect vs OpenText Exceed TurboX (ETX). The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
What is VNC Connect?

Intuitive remote control
Use the mouse and keyboard (or touchscreen) in front of you as though they belong to the remote computer.

Send special keys and combinations such as Ctrl-Alt-Del, and copy and paste text in either direction. Type in confidence that characters will be interpreted correctly, whatever your platform, keyboard or input language.

Tried and tested performance
As the original inventors of VNC® technology, we know how to create a responsive screen sharing experience that's as good as being there.

Our patent-protected technology automatically optimizes to the speed of your network, and is especially effective in low-bandwidth and high-latency environments.

Cross-platform support
PC to PC and mobile to PC across Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, iOS and Android.

With an Enterprise subscription, you also get a key to install our VNC® 5.x software on a wide range of older and UNIX operating systems too, so your legacy hardware remains accessible.

Attended and unattended access
Connect whether remote computer owners are present or not.

Remotely access your own computers, monitor or patch equipment in the field, support customers or colleagues, and much more. Learn about the many ways our customers use VNC® Connect.

Direct and cloud connectivity
Our cloud service automatically brokers cloud connections between devices wherever they are.

So you don’t need to rely on a VPN, or conduct complex and insecure port-forwarding and firewall configuration.

With an Enterprise subscription, you can establish direct connections as well (or instead), perfect for locked down or offline network environments. For more information, start with our document cloud versus direct.

Pre-install or connect on demand
Add device access to your subscription, install VNC® Connect on every device you own or manage, and enable access by anyone at any time.

Alternatively, add instant support to your subscription and connect in seconds on demand, leaving no footprint. Or add both capabilities, and cover every remote access use case.

File transfer, printing and chat
During a session, you're not restricted to just interacting with the remote screen.

You can transfer files in either direction, print files directly to a printer where you are (rather than to a printer attached to the remote computer), and securely chat with other users connected at the same time as you.

Secure by design
VNC® Connect is built from the ground up with security in mind, to balance the control you need with the privacy that compliance requires.

Sessions are encrypted end-to-end using up to 256-bit AES encryption. Authentication is mandatory at the point of connection and never delegated to the cloud. Protect your computers with multi-factor authentication, single-sign on (SSO), granular access control and rich session permissions.

Multilingual support
VNC® Connect is available in French, German, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese as well as English, with more translations on the way.

Connect-Features-TeamManagement.png
Online team management
Manage remote computers, the people you invite into your team to share remote access with, and their roles and permissions from one central location.

Remote deployment
With an Enterprise subscription, you can deploy VNC® Connect in bulk, offline or remotely using your standard enterprise tooling.

In addition, you can configure VNC® Connect remotely using policy, and lock it down to prevent change.

Virtual desktops under Linux
With an Enterprise subscription, you can create virtual desktops on Linux computers.

This might be useful to enable visual remote access to headless Linux systems, or provide separate workspaces for simultaneous users of a shared resource.

Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

VNC Connect Customers

Telesat Canada, St. Anthony's School, Pratt and Whitney, City of Sacramento

VNC Connect Video

VNC Connect Reviews

Larry Mackey
Sr Project Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reliable and trustworthy remote access software, with responsive technical support

• "The most valuable features are that it is consistently low profile and consistently works without hiccups or headaches."
  • "We occasionally have issues with the graphic software of the interface."

What is our primary use case?

My company is a totally virtual company. All of my users are geographically remote from my location. Any IT support that we have to provide has to occur virtually.

All the patches, updates, or troubleshooting we do with a laptop is the primary go-to for a remote connect, for connecting to those machines is Real VNC.

What is most valuable?

It's reliable and trustworthy.

What needs improvement?

We occasionally have issues with the graphic software of the interface. It's a bit of a challenge.

They have a version that allows us to stand up a remote connection if we have not previously set the machine up to do that. This is an area where the VNC Connect doesn't support establishing a connection where we haven't set up software drivers on the machine beforehand.

In regards to scalability and finding a person's connection point on the dashboard, it can be an issue, but there are some tools to deal with that, we just haven't had to use them.

They have a new feature where they allow the Audio connection to use the microphone and the speaker on the laptop to talk to the end-user, which would save on having to have a phone call set up at the same time, but we haven't been able to get that working quite yet. There seem to be some issues with getting that implemented. It will require an update.

I have been working with VNC Connect for more than five years.

The software stability for the most part is good. They have regular updates.

I haven't had an issue with the scalability. We are 15 to 20 users. I have 50 licenses but haven't had to deal with hundreds or thousands.

From the usability standpoint, I don't see any issues.

When we do have an issue we contact technical support.

The technical support is responsive when we have an issue and we call, they have at least seen it or have a workaround or they have an update patch to deal with it.

The initial set up is straightforward as long as I have physical access to the machine.

If I don't have physical access to the machine, then it's a problem with VNC Connect because I have to install the software.

What other advice do I have?

We don't allow our end-users to have admin access to the machine. I have to use a different way to connect to the machine if the machine wasn't previously set up by me or one of my team members.

I would recommend this solution. We have evaluated quite a few other tools and VNC Connect is our main go-to.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.