We are evaluating both Freshservice and ServiceDesk for a new project.What is the main difference between the two?Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!
Although both Freshservice and ManageEngine Servicedesk are established products, I found a few comparisons that may help you.
FreshService allows Multiple unique business workflows(different SLAs), ManageEngine is ITSM compatible workflow only. Apart from this,
1. Product Support - FreshService is Excellent(24/7), ManageEngine is good (business hours).
2. Product Evolution and richness - FreshService is excellent, ManageEngine is good.
3. Compatible with latest industry technologies - FreshService has lot many plugins compared to ManageEngine
4. Pricing - Although FreshService offers Freelance version free, Professional/Enterprise versions are expensive compared to ManageEngine.
5. Self-service - FreshService is Excellent, ManageEngine is fair.
You should keep in mind that Freshservice is an ITSM tool based on ITIL processes. Manage Engine Desk Plus is a tool to handle the incident
process. The difference is that Freshservice covers more processes (problems, changes, Asset Inventory, etc.).
In any case, you should compare it with the Freshdesk (oriented to the handling of incidents as well as ManageEngine Desk Plus).