Aruba Instant Review

Good features menus and easy access with a simple cloud configuration

What is our primary use case?

We've used the solution for a project with a small hotel. We primarily used the solution for five access points. We use it for wifi access around the rooms.

What is most valuable?

The access it grants to wifi is the solution's most valuable feature.

The features menus are good.

The cloud configurations are very easy. We can put it on mobile, etc. if we need to.

What needs improvement?

The reach of the solution could be improved. It could be a bit stronger.

I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be helpful if there was a social login for the layer. This would help smaller clients that I work with.

There are also some features missing in the layer - like authentification and logon capabilities.

I've been using this solution for two months.

The stability of the solution is quite good. We haven't come across any bugs or glitches while using it.

The scalability of the solution has been sufficient for our needs so far.

We've never contacted technical support so I can't speak to any experience with them. Generally, when we have questions, we look online for resources to help us if we need any knowledge or help with troubleshooting.

We've previously used Ruckus. With Ruckus, there's a controller. It's also expensive. For a mid-scale setup, you can't really compare Ruckus to Aruba.

The solution is easy to install. Our team didn't run into any issues when we were setting up the solution for our client.

Our team installed the solution for our hotel client.

The licensing cost is somewhere around $20,000.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a reseller of the solution.

I'd advise others considering the solution to look at the scale of the project. If it's a rather small-scale project and the client doesn't need advanced features like a controller, Aruba is very good.

If I have small projects, I find I focus on Aruba. It's better. However, if the project is more complex or complicated or has location challenges, Ruckus is better.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I'm not an engineer, and I didn't install the device personally, so I don't know too much about the technical side of the solution. If I did, maybe I would give it full marks.

More Aruba Instant reviews from users