Aruba Wireless Review

It's a reliable product and it just works. The most valuable feature for us is the support they provide.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature for us is the support they provide us. We're putting together a budget for upgrading to another Aruba kit, but we always know that the support will be there.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's a reliable product and it just works. We haven't had to really do anything with it. We don't have much budgeted for WiFi because we only have a couple of small offices, but the product is light, very effective, and incredibly reliable for both our employees and guests. I think it'll drive our BYOD policy for more guests who come into our office.

Room for Improvement:

I don't like how the traffic comes out of the controller. Users connect to the wireless APs and all the traffic converges to the controller and then back out again. This is probably not a limitation but a design issue.

Use of Solution:

We use Aruba in our manufacturing facilities for the handheld wireless scanners in warehouse production environments.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

It's been stable. We started out with a small warehouse and then we went into the next warehouse then to the productions areas and other spaces.

Scalability Issues:

We use it the most in our largest manufacturing site with several big warehouses. It scaled just find in this environment.

Initial Setup:

I wasn't involved in the setup about four years ago.

Other Solutions Considered:

We looked at HP/Aruba and Cisco.

1 Comment
WiFiSupermanReal UserELITE SQUADTOP 5

I believe there are differnet deployment models if you do not want to centralize the deployment. You can split traffic or go controlerless.

25 January 16