Aruba Wireless Review

Improved overall scalability and simplicity in configuring and replacing APs

What is our primary use case?

We had Aruba controllers and APs installed in over 1,000 retail stores and in several large distribution centers.

How has it helped my organization?

The product improved overall scalability and simplicity in configuring and replacing. This product replaced old Symbol wireless AP’s that required individual configuration and management. The use of an Aruba Controller to configure multiple APs was game-changing. We went with Aruba over Cisco at the time, simply for cost.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in this product would be the stability. You build it, install it, and it’s good to go, with no further tweaks needed unless adding or replacing APs.

What needs improvement?

An area of this product that could use improvement would be the troubleshooting. At times I had to engage Aruba Support which ran some pretty complicated troubleshooting commands. I would not have been able to do with existing CLI documentation.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it at eight out of 10. It proved to be stable with minimal failures that I saw in the three- to five-year time frame I worked with them.