Azure Site Recovery Review

A scalable and easy-to-deploy solution that always works and provides a snapshot of your environment in about 15 minutes

What is our primary use case?

We back up our site to it and use it for a VR. We are using the most up to date version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most useful thing is that it provides a snapshot of your environment in about 15 minutes.

It is stable, and it always works. It is also scalable and easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

It is for site-to-site replication. When something goes wrong on your site, you only get 15 minutes before it also goes wrong on your replicated site. There should be some way to be able to say that we want to restore it, but we want to restore it to the version from yesterday. It should support versioning.

I would also like to see real-time scanning for advanced threat protection, more straightforward billing, and quicker turnaround on the tech support.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It always works.

It is scalable. Currently, we have only one user who uses it.

I don't work with tech support, but they can have a quicker turnaround on the tech support.

It was pretty straightforward. It was just installing the clients and setting up your site recovery. You can also use the documentation.

Our network or systems engineer maintains it.

It should have more straightforward billing. The billing was what got funky. It was really cheap. We would pay based on the usage. We paid around $225 a month for site-to-site replication.

What other advice do I have?

The best advice that I could give is to just research what Azure Site Recovery is for. It is not a backup solution. So, even though you have enabled Site Recovery, you still need backups.

I would rate Azure Site Recovery a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Azure Site Recovery vs. Metallic and other solutions. Updated: May 2021.
479,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.