Azure Site Recovery Overview

Azure Site Recovery is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Disaster Recovery as a Service providers. It is most often compared to CloudEndure Disaster Recovery: Azure Site Recovery vs CloudEndure Disaster Recovery

What is Azure Site Recovery?

Help your business to keep doing business - even during major IT outages. Azure Site Recovery offers ease of deployment, cost effectiveness, and dependability. Deploy replication, failover, and recovery processes through Site Recovery to help keep your applications running during planned and unplanned outages. Site Recovery is a native disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), and Microsoft been recognized as a leader in DRaaS based on completeness of vision and ability to execute by Gartner in the 2018 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service.

Azure Site Recovery Buyer's Guide

Download the Azure Site Recovery Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Azure Site Recovery Customers

Russell Reynolds Associates, Union Insurance, Rackspace

Azure Site Recovery Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Azure Site Recovery pricing:
  • "It should have more straightforward billing. The billing was what got funky. It was really cheap. We would pay based on the usage. We paid around $225 a month for site-to-site replication."

VP
Sr. Sales Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Provides a seamlessly integrated recovery option for small to medium size enterprise companies

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case really depends on the client. The product can be used by insurance companies, hospitals, healthcare professionals. We mainly use the product for backup and disaster recovery and it's suitable for small and medium enterprise companies. It's used occasionally, not on a daily basis. We are in partnership with Microsoft and I work as a senior sales solution architect.

• "They're moving a lot of their workload to cloud and aiming for a seamlessly integrated product."
  • "It could include more of a backup and recovery."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.
HV
Technical Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to use, good data recovery capabilities and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for disaster recovery for our organization.

• "The solution is very easy to use."
  • "When it runs, it runs well but when it doesn't run, the solution needs to make it clearer as to why and what the troubleshooting process is. All this would be possible if the error logging was streamlined a bit."

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner as well as a customer. We would definitely recommend the product. I would caution, or highlight rather, that if anyone is collecting resources they need to confirm that they're all configuring it correctly so that it doesn't generate unexpected costs because of a context that may be incorrect. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Azure Site Recovery vs. Metallic and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MC
Manager, Information Technology Service Operations at Lynnco
A scalable and easy-to-deploy solution that always works and provides a snapshot of your environment in about 15 minutes

What is our primary use case?

We back up our site to it and use it for a VR. We are using the most up to date version of this solution.

• "The most useful thing is that it provides a snapshot of your environment in about 15 minutes. It is stable, and it always works. It is also scalable and easy to set up."
  • "It is for site-to-site replication. When something goes wrong on your site, you only get 15 minutes before it also goes wrong on your replicated site. There should be some way to be able to say that we want to restore it, but we want to restore it to the version from yesterday. It should support versioning. I would also like to see real-time scanning for advanced threat protection, more straightforward billing, and quicker turnaround on the tech support."

What other advice do I have?

The best advice that I could give is to just research what Azure Site Recovery is for. It is not a backup solution. So, even though you have enabled Site Recovery, you still need backups. I would rate Azure Site Recovery a nine out of ten.
AF
Portfolio Manager at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up but it needs better block-level recovery

• "It is a very stable product and very scalable."
  • "We need to be able to move the virtual servers and not build and then port them across. They need to improve the hypervisor."

What other advice do I have?

In the next release, I would like to see better block-level recovery. It is key. Bare metal recovery and block-level recovery. I would rate Azure Site Recovery a four out of ten. If you start from scratch, it's fine.