Blackberry Protect Review

Easy to adjust protection levels, very stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect us against ransomware.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very quick at easily changing the levels of protection for each computer and the server. It's very easy to control and to see what is happening with each computer. It's very easy to choose, which computer I can look at and check.

What needs improvement?

It would be very important to have any kind of utility in the computer for Cylance to install monitoring into it in a simpler way. A computer should be able to self-scan on command. It is not easy to do that just yet.

The company that sells us the licenses sometimes doesn't know how to do certain things. They should be offered more training or something, or maybe we could cover out channels ourselves and could have the knowledge of how to do everything ourselves without a third party needing to be involved.

I started using the solution for seven months or so.

The stability is quite good. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is very scalable. There aren't any issues with expanding the product.

At this time, we have about 18 people on the solution.

We haven't needed to reach out to technical support just yet. Therefore, I can't speak to their level of knowledge or responsiveness.

We previously used McAfee. We were worried the solution wouldn't be able to effectively protect us, so we looked for other options.

The initial setup was a little bit complex. We had to take some time learning the machines and how to protect ourselves. That part of the implementation took a good amount of time.

We had a few problems setting everything up, and with those issues, it took us maybe two months to deploy the product in total.

We currently have one person that handles the maintenance of the solution for us. He's an engineer.

We did have one outside person that assisted us with the setup.

We have a couple of issues surrounding licensing. The person who assisted us had a couple of problems trying to integrate another set of licenses that we had before.

What other advice do I have?

I don't know exactly which version we're using. A person in charge of that in our office was the person who looked for the product. I just read some things about it and I found that it was a very good product.

We have been trained to learn how to use the product and now we have a very good experience with it. The problem is, for me, sometimes it creeps into the computers and into the servers that we want to get running. Sometimes it has problems. That said, it's a very good product. We are okay with how it works.

I would recommend Cylance. I think it's very good and very stable. The only thing to keep in mind is you to have a very good channel and someone who really knows how to use the console and everything

Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

More Blackberry Protect reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Symantec Norton 360 [EOL]
Learn what your peers think about Blackberry Protect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.