Blue Prism Cloud Review

Easy to use, low licensing costs, and excellent documentation

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in the banking and telecom sectors. We implement the solution for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The reusability of the solution is excellent. It's a superior feature - far superior to any other tool on the market.

The ease of use is excellent. You don't need to be a technical person to use it. You don't need to have a programming background. If you compare it with other tools they would require you to have a basic understanding of at least one programming language. That's not required here. If you are good at algorithms, if you can write flow charts, you can run this tool easily.

The solution has the best documentation on the market. It makes it super-easy to install and operate.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of things that can be improved. I know most of the things are in the pipeline. They've now admitted, for example, a web-based control room would be much more beneficial. They're working on building that.

The solution needs a more out-of-the-box connector with leading applications around the world. There should be more flexibility to do some calculations on the goals from the studio itself.

I personally would like the solution to be supporting more languages.

There should be a digital exchange where users can download functions to incorporate into their existing processes.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is very stable. It has fewer bugs than other products.

The solution is very scalable and easily expands as necessary.

How often the solution is used, be it daily or weekly, depends on the company and its pipeline.

We've contacted technical support.

Blue Prism support is very accessible. The access to the web portal and the support section takes a bit of time. I do not like the web-based support model they have. However, when they include the personal touch, it's just amazing. You can contact them easily anytime and they can reply back to you anytime. I like that.

We also have experience with UiPath. In comparison to UiPath, Blue Prism is more resilient and reusable, however, UiPath is faster when it comes to building a process.

The initial setup was very easy. It's not complex at all. There are instructions that you have to follow to install the software and they are very easy. You just go step by step by step and then you are done. The documentation provided is thorough and excellent.

There are two parts to installation. One part is the tool setup and the second part is actually building the processes. If you talk about the tool setup aspect it can be done in a day. In total, it will take about one or two days to set it up completely.

One person can deploy the solution.

The licensing cost and the cost of ownership is lower than the competition if you are looking to scale to 20+ licenses.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Platinum Blue Prism partner.

The solution offers a trial version now, so it's super easy, now, compared to six months back when there was no free version. It used to be hard to know if the solution was right and companies would have to risk spending money to find out. Now, the solution is similar to UiPath, which has been offering free trials since the beginning.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Blue Prism Cloud reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.