Blue Prism Cloud Review

Scales up at an enterprise-level but it needs to be more user-friendly

What needs improvement?

The user-friendliness needs improvement. It's still a bit more IT-minded. I'm personally looking for a more business-minded RPA. It's the two big ways of using RPA in my experience. You can implement that RPA from an IT perspective, and then it's just one of the many tools, and it's not really a revolution, it's just a small state, or you can see it as really a business tool.

Business people use it and automate their own business processes and it's really revolutionary because you don't need any IT knowledge. You just need a good app for processes. Those are the two ways of approaching RPAs, and for my part, I'm interested in the business parts.

We have been using Blue Prism for two years.

Scalability all depends on what kind of processes. If it's a process that goes to the whole enterprise, adopt the RPA goal, it will be of strong importance. All the IT tools are much more powerful, fast and reliable.

If it's the business side and it's all small tasks and processes that can be automated. That's the interesting part. That's the scalability of RPA on the business side, but it's all small tasks and processes. The scalability will be how many processes you perform, and which structure you put in place so that everything runs smoothly, and you can do proper maintenance and change management.

I haven't had any issues with technical support. From the UiPath side, they're not really responsive when we ask things. It can be months before they answer. With UiPath, you are all on your own. There's no real support. I haven't experienced any support, but that's also because it's a free tool, until a certain level.

I also use the free UiPath platform. It's a very strong go-to-market proposition. You can't have that with Blue Prism. UiPath is also user-friendly. I found UiPath much easier to use and more straightforward than Blue Prism.

I haven't seen any technical differences between both products. Everything I could do with Blue Prism, I can do with UiPath.

Blue Prism is able to scale up at an enterprise-level. It's what I used when I was working for a big bank in Belgium. UiPath is better for smaller companies and SMBs because of its user-friendliness.

If a product is offered for free, just to step in, instead of directly paying heavy investments, I think a lot of enterprises, especially in the SME, SMB business, will have much more interest in such kind of products.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Blue Prism a seven out of ten.

They should improve the user-friendliness and they should change their business model. Because companies need to become a partner and have to pay €60,000 upfront, or be a member upfront, to be partners. So, it's a bit of a waste of money. I don't understand their business model.

The tool is there but it should be a self-service tool where people just buy the program and use it. Why make it so complicated?

It is really a program for business users, so why make it so complicated with implementers and partnerships et cetera?

More Blue Prism Cloud reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.