Blue Prism Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce Review

A mature product with good automation and very good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for test evaluation. It makes the process very easy.

What is most valuable?

The automation of the processes are very good. It's the most valuable feature of the solution.

The product itself is quite mature.

What needs improvement?

At this point in time, we're very satisfied with the solution. I'm not seeing any features that are missing on it. I handle the business development side and I'm not really using the solution on a technical level, however.

The pricing of the solution could be improved. It's a bit expensive right now. They should work to make it more competitive.

I've been using the solution for about three years.

The stability of the solution is quite good. We haven't come across any glitches.

The solution is quite scalable and robust.

Right now, we have about 15 to 20 people in the company using it.

We've used technical support from Blue Prism in the past and we've been satisfied with the level of service they've provided. We find that we get good service and support from them.

We do tend to use different solutions. We don't use the same solution for every client or even the same kind of implementation.

The initial setup was quite complex. In comparison to other RPA implementations, it's difficult. We had some difficulties when it came to estimating the actual amount of man-hours it would take to set up the solution, and the actual effort needed.

The deployment took a few weeks. We had seven people working on it. Most were engineers. Once it's set up, however, it only takes about one person to handle the maintenance.

We handled the entire implementation in-house using our own team.

Although I don't know the exact costs, my understanding is that there are different definitions of licenses.

We evaluate many options when seeking out what will work best for our clients and their projects. We often look at, for example, UiPath and Automation Anywhere. Ultimately, the client will decide on which solution to use.

What other advice do I have?

I'm quite sure that we are using the latest version of the solution.

We're a software company, so we develop applications and solutions for other companies. If the client looks at Blue Prism and wants it as the robot that will be used as the implementation tool, then that's when we'll use it.

I'd recommend the solution. Blue Prism is a good product. I'd recommend that others make sure that the effort, in terms of the estimation of time and man-hours needed are done in a proper manner. Users implementing the solution need to make sure that they know the processes in detail. They need to understand the manual processes before they can actually automate them. This will help achieve a better estimation of costs.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten overall.

More Blue Prism Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce reviews from users