Blue Prism Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce Review

Clear and consistent tool that offers valuable debugging features

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for reconfiguration. We use it to do our monthly reconfiguration reports. We have an Excel sheet and it logs in to a web-based application and needs to compare the monetary amount of each and every agent of the product. Once it does the monitor, it collects the respective data and creates an output that is required for reconfiguration.

What needs improvement?

Currently, we use version 6. Solution 6 has better features when compared to the 4.5 version. The main issue is screen scraping with Blue Prism gives us a big challenge because we need to define which technologies are web-based and have been built as opposed to it discovering the technology that it is built on. Whether it's a Window-based or Java-based application.

I have been using Blue Prism for about the last two and a half years.

In terms of scalability, we have a control tool where we can add a respective robot. We do automation through the control tool and deploy the solution to let us procure the machine. We can use the scalability for a lot of different issues but the control room itself does not have the dashboard kind of ability. It really doesn't have the ability to monitor how many bots there are.

We used to contact Blue Prism for license parts and if we need another consultant.

Technical support is not as flexible as UiPath but it is very low profile maintained technical support. They fix issues that commonly occur in our RP. Everybody can know the types of issues that can occur and the solutions for them. But they offer very restricted support, only the team would know how to resolve an issue. Blue Prism doesn't offer public solutions to common issues whereas UiPath is really transparent. It offers different solutions to the world.

The initial setup is really straightforward overall. Whereas the other tools require more space for installations.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very consistent end product but recently, I don't think they have any more upgrades to release. It's a very clear and consistent tool but it's restricted when it comes to the ability to integrate with other tools.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. I would rate it this because when compared with UiPath and Automation Anywhere, they do not provide the debugging option and other features that Blue Prism does. Blue Prism offers a better solution.

More Blue Prism Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce reviews from users