CA Automic Applications Manager Review

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our automated solution for the entire environment. We run batch jobs through this product.

It is performing great.

What is most valuable?

The automated solution is the most valuable piece. Otherwise, we would have to be doing everything manually on every server. With this solution, we can run a job multiple times on a schedule and use different environmental variables or variables to change the environment how we need it, if we need to.

What needs improvement?

There is a lot of the automated release, which they already have in the newer products. Those are some of the features that we are looking to go for. Automated testing script suite - I would like to see that when we go to run the new jobs, so that we can have the testing functionality with it, too.

It is a deprecated product. They are not going to make any new advancements, so the newer product is going to get the bells and whistles. The new product can do everything this product can do, and then some. Go to the newer product.

It is a very stable product. It has been bought a few times and has not been reworked very much. It has been a stable product since I have known it. I have been working with it for eight years. The product is about 17 years old, maybe a little bit older.

It is really a robust product.

It has been a deprecated product, because it is so old. There has been a couple of new solutions that are a little more advanced. It is not really scaling per say because they are not putting much into it. They are trying to push their new product. Totally fine.

I use them all the time, so they are pretty good. They take care of about 95% of my answers.

With the other 5%, they just try and help me. If they do not know the solution, they will come up with some ideas. We try and work out the issue. I have never had an issue that we could not resolve together.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

There are some things that I would like to do that I know they are not going to do with this product. It is a really strong product. It does everything we need it to do. The enhancements that we want to make would enhance our company, but I am okay with where we are at.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: reliability, robustness of the product, and fantastic support. Those are really the three key things.