CA Clarity PPM Review

Project and Portfolio Management tools facilitate better visibility in our organization

What is most valuable?

For me it's the Project and Portfolio Management tools within PPM, the portfolios. The functionality within there, and now we're starting to use resource management to tie into that as well.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved things very much so. They're just starting to full-fledged adopt it right now. Gives them better visibility across the organization.

What needs improvement?

I don't know if it's missing or not, but I'm anxious to learn more about Agile and using the tool with Agile. We're starting to use that methodology more and more within our organization. So how do we use the tool more effectively for that?

Also I'm looking for some more enhanced portfolio management capabilities.

Stability is good. Haven't had any problems.

We have scaled it. Scalability is very, very good.

I haven't used it.

At another company I used HPE PPM. I like Clarity CA PPM a lot better. It's more user friendly, easier to figure out if you don't have the significant training that you need. Pretty intuitive.

At my current company they previously used a home-grown solution but I'm not sure how they decided on CA.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup. I came to the company after it had already been set up.

What other advice do I have?

I think the important criteria when choosing a vendor are

• reliability
  • innovation
  • the ability to listen to their customers.

I think those are the key.

Don't customize it right out of the gate. Understand its capabilities out-of-the-box.