CA Service Operations Insight Review

We're able to create policies for associating CIs with services and to cue those policies when we want. However, they need to look at going beyond Windows and go in more of an analytics direction.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is that is allows us to move all of our Configuration Items into services. It also provides us with the capability to send an alarm to everyone for whom those services are relevant.

Improvements to My Organization

We can bring in all the CIs that we have and associate them with services. We're able to create policies for doing that and cue the policies when we want. We filter those specific events that we're interested in and have them alerted through either a ticket or from a direct D-list email to our clients.

Room for Improvement

They need to look at going beyond Windows and go in more of an analytics direction. It's more of a long-term perspective that we're looking to use the tool.

We've finally got some stability there. We're actually getting alerts and we're making sure we get our alerts properly cued up for various business units so that they are aware of desegregations or outages.

It has improved a lot. I've literally watched it mature. I think we're finally getting to a proper release with 3.3. I know there's more coming out. But, we're in a good state in terms of delivering services, alerts, and just managing the whole infrastructure.

I don't recall any issues with technical support. And we also use CS Services, so I just run there and it's done.

I wasn't involved in any of the implementations that were put in there. I became the new caretaker in some ways, a shared investor in this solution.