DX Infrastructure Manager Review

Highly scalable, highly customisable, but good luck working with support

What is most valuable?

The ability to scale a single monitoring ecosystem across the world with relative ease, and the wide range of monitoring probes available.

How has it helped my organization?

Provides a single ecosystem for monitoring globally across PaaS, IaaS, legacy and hybrid infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

Customer support. Not up to the usual standard I am used to with CA. There is a huge amount of value support could add if they would give me more access to the right people, which is a relationship I am used to having with CA SMEs.

Three years

Various low level issues with scaling. Not a topic that CA offer much assistance or real-world experience on.

Yes but mostly related to the chosen architecture, rather than the application itself.

Yes, we addressed them internally, again due to lack of vendor support.

Poor when compared to other CA groups I have worked with.

First line - excellent. Getting beyond first line - a battle.

Personally yes, but in this case it is the only solution capable of meeting the business needs - massive scalability, highly distributed architecture.

Relatively simple, similar to other enterprise monitoring products. Most of the challenges are in matching your architecture to suit your monitoring needs.

In house. I have had a single experience with a Nimsoft developer and they were clearly an expert in their field.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a highly disparate estate across old and new technologies, Nimsoft is the only realistic in-house answer, prior to considering the customisation of open source alternatives.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: CA partner
More DX Infrastructure Manager reviews from users