CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager) Review

What's most valuable to me is the fact that it is very customizable, allowing me to play around with the configuration and thresholds.

What is most valuable?

What's most valuable to me is the fact that it is very customizable, allowing me to play around with the configuration and thresholds. Also, I enjoy the simple GUI which makes it easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to monitor the crucial parts of our network, minimizing downtime and issues. Also, it alerts the relevant teams as soon as we have breaks in network connectivity, high load on hardware, etc.

What needs improvement?

There are a few areas for improvement, but I would have to say some of the Java content is a little buggy and would definitely like to see continued upgrades and improvements in the GUI. I know some of the stuff is preferred to be set on the controllers, however accessing the console from GUI is a more efficient way as you can control your user accounts there and it makes it safer than giving someone access to the controllers. The problem is sometimes you have to access the controllers in order to do certain tasks.

I've used it for one year.

There were no issues with deploying it.

There were a few instances when Nimsoft agents would crash on hosts. However, this was not too serious and it boiled down to some minor external factors that were solved quickly with customer support.

There have been no issues scaling it out.

We had meetings with CA's customer quality once a week and, overall, the communication was pretty good and reliable.

No other solution was used.

The setup was fairly simple and straightforward, and we had some decent training initially that made it smooth sailing.

Implementation was done in-house. As long as you take the training and follow the instructions, you can't go wrong, but if you do, customer support is very helpful.

What other advice do I have?

As a simple solution for monitoring it's pretty handy, simple to use, very customizable, and integrates with Salesforce.