CA Unified Infrastructure Management Review

Its flexibility allows us to quickly monitor and manage new technologies and to have the ability to create customer probes. Having the web-admin portal be a bit more scalable would be benefit us.

Valuable Features

We find UIM's valuable features to be its flexibility, the fact that it’s easy to expand, and it supports multi-tenancy. There are not many systems focused on managed-service providers and this is one of them, which is a great help to us as it’s difficult to find.

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

A lot of the admin is web-based. Having the web-admin portal be a bit more scalable and adding the feature of responsive decision-making process, it would be of benefit to us and I’m sure to others as well.

Use of Solution

We've used it for the last two and half years.

We'd had no issues with deployment.

It’s very stable, and more importantly, it supports failover components, which is a great feature.

It does scale very well; we have had no issues here at all.

Technical support seems to be getting better and better. There's also a great forum with community members, which we use and which is an excellent resource.

We're a startup, and this was the first system we put in. With the price point and the support of multi-tenancy, those were the decisive factors.

The initial setup was straightforward and the implementation was rather simple.

Other Advice

My advice would be to thoroughly identify your business objectives. With managed service providers, understand the product and have adequate resources, knowledge, and skills in order to make a smart decision for the company.