Calabrio Review

The Copy Schedule Activities reduces time spent for changing activities. Agents are not able to cancel an approved request in the Time Off Request area.

What is our primary use case?

Our company changed phone systems in our call center two years ago, and with that change, the WFM and QM software were changed. We went with Calabrio based on the recommendation of our vendor.

Dec 2018: We have upgraded to Calabrio v.10 just this weekend. I will be reviewing version 10 after I've had a little bit of time to use it.

How has it helped my organization?

I cannot speak about the difference for the QM software.

My main use is of the WFM software. A few of the features were "nice to have" features, but version 9.3 had some "deficiencies". The main problem was not being able to run scenarios in a pseudo scheduling area, so the way Calabrio is now, agents can possibly see test scenarios.

Another problem is the Time Off Request area. Agents are not able to cancel an approved request through this area. The sorting/filtering could be improved upon greatly. We are scheduled to upgrade to version 10.0, which will resolve many of the issues we do not like about the current version that we are using.

Update: We are still on version 9.3 and looking forward to upgrading.

What is most valuable?

The Copy Schedule Activities has been a favorite tool. It reduces time spent when I need to make changes which are identical to multiple agents' schedules.

What needs improvement?

Being able to "publish" or rerun the schedule for only one agent would be ideal. Also, give agents the ability to cancel approved requests for time off. Vacation plans do actually change in the real world.

Yes, we did use a different WFM software. The main reason for the switch was the service (or lack of) customer service we were getting.

The business area did not evaluate other options. Our IT/IS departments recommended using what was suggested by the vendor we used for our phone system upgrade/change

What other advice do I have?

We were not allowed to be involved in the set up or a test environment. In hindsight, I would insist on this as there are things that we would have set up differently had we been more involved. It's difficult to explain what you want/expect when you don't get to use the product until "Go Live" in Production.