Cisco Ethernet Switches Review

Modules are hot swappable, as you have dual power supplies. If you need improvements, you'll need to upgrade the hardware.

What is most valuable?

Support for various dynamic IP routing protocols and the ability to slot in additional modules while the switch is running.

How has it helped my organization?

Modules are hot swappable, as you have dual power supplies, as well as support for various dynamic IP routing protocols.

What needs improvement?

Nothing that I can think of. If you want to improve, you have the choice to upgrade the hardware.

I've used it for four years.

No issues encountered.

It's been very stable since deployment.

It's very scalable, as you just need to buy new modules, and slot them in as and when required.

Excellent customer service.

I never had an issue yet with this product which required TAC intervention but from my previous experience Cisco TAC support is the best.

We previously used 3com switches, and we switched to Cisco in order to standardize our network hardware.

It's easy to deploy if you know what you are doing, and do proper planning. For me, it was pretty straightforward. I have years of experience on Cisco products.

It was an in-house deployment.

It's high.

It's worth the price you pay.

We considered using Cisco 3700 series switches and stacking them.

What other advice do I have?

It's best for access layer deployment.