Cylance Review

Endpoints are protected in real-time without the need of a centralized server

How has it helped my organization?

Rather than having to log onto a central server to manage the endpoint protection, I can log onto the dashboard to manage everything. No on-premise server required, chewing up resources needed for other tasks and projects. Endpoints are protected in real-time without the need of a centralized server, whitelist, or the ability to connect to a central host in the cloud. Even if an endpoint loses connection to the Internet, I know that endpoint is protected against 99.99% of the threats in the wild today.

What is most valuable?

Centralized dashboard online which can be used for managing a huge product. Anything I need done can be done from a single website.

What needs improvement?

Work on the math model. We are catching a lot of false positives, which gets to be a pain at the start of a deployment. It is not hard to decipher and add a global safe list, so you do not have to touch or adjust Clients on all endpoints. After you get passed the initial scan, it is clear sailing and very easy to manage and maintain.

No issues. I had heard of others having some issues early on with performance, but I never experienced any issues. When there is a problem, as administrators, we are notified promptly by Cylance of what the issue is, then they resolve it very quickly.

Never an issue. I have deployed this solution immediately to endpoints of all flavors without issue: PCs, MACs, and servers. Specifically for a Windows domain environment, the product can be customized and pushed via GPO or SCCM without issue.

I would rate technical support as a 10 out of 10. I have never had a bad experience and very rarely have had to call them for any type of support for the product.

I had just renewed a three year subscription to a very popular endpoint protection suite when I went to a Cylance roadshow and discovered how poorly protected my organization really was. Out of 10 real world live bugs, my endpoint protection, fully-patched, deployed in a best practice environment only stopped seven of them. Cylance stopped all 10, and every show I have ever been to, Cylance has won hands down without question. Many other products require your endpoints to connect to a central hub on-prem or are cloud-based, then soon as they lose that ability, those solutions fail.

Very easy to deploy. It can be done one by one or deployed by customizing an MSI file for GPO push.

Shop around for sure and be assured the price you pay will be close to other solutions available, but even at a slight mark-up from the other solutions, you are getting real endpoint protection versus nothing more than a cheap security blanket that might keep you warm at night. However, it is not actually protecting you from anything.

Reviewed these: SEP, Cisco, McAfee, and discussed Palo Alto options as well.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework. Demo products to see how they will work within your environment and involve your end users. End users are key to testing these deployments and what their experiences will be with it.

Above all, do not get hung up on price. You pay for what you get and expensive will hurt one time, where cheap will hurt forever, especially if you fall victim to a ransom attack, etc.