Cylance Review

Lightweight, does not require constant updates, and we have great trust in what it delivers

What is our primary use case?

We are currently using CylancePROTECT and CyclanceOPTICS.

Our primary use case is an anti-virus solution.

It is deployed globally throughout the organization.

What is most valuable?

Cylance is quite lightweight and does not require constant updates.

The Application Guard and ByteGuard are useful features.

What needs improvement?

The OPTICS component could be made more user-friendly with respect to giving people more information.

There are some issues that we have around our configuration, so I think that more training with respect to setup and configuration would be helpful.

I have been using Cylance for the past year and it has been in the organization for a couple of years.

This solution is very stable.

Cylance scales very well both on clients and servers. We have between 4,000 and 5,000 users.

I have not personally been in touch with technical support, but I know that when we have contacted them about anything in the past, they've been very responsive. Our account management team is very good, as well.

The company did use another solution prior to Cylance, but I don't know what it was.

The initial setup is very straightforward and the deployment took a few days.

We got a hold of the installation files and deployed them ourselves.

I think that the price we are paying is good for what it is. It could always be cheaper, but cheaper doesn't make it better.

What other advice do I have?

Cylance is a product that I recommend trying. It is different from the traditional products that are out there like Symantec, McAfee, and Sophos.

This technology is very good, very stable, and we have great trust in it and what it delivers. They also do health checks from time to time and they help, which is useful.

This solution works well but there is always room for improvement. Nothing is perfect.