CylancePROTECT Review

Easy to manage and deploy with a single-pane-of-glass to manage threats and updates

What is our primary use case?

CylancePROTECT came packaged with our HR and IT management system, which was a selling point. It allows us to ensure that every single computer is always up to date as far as vulnerability protection and we can manage all the threats and everything from a centralized dashboard.

How has it helped my organization?

We can see what is going on and that really allows us to have good insight into the programs that we should be working on, the applications or websites that may need attention — those type things. That insight has been a real positive for us so far.

What is most valuable?

I think Cylance has just done a great job for us so far. I think that is the headliner for our experience with the product. The computer interface really has next to nothing on it, which is nice. You see what you need to see and there are really no distractions or extra noise.

We have not had anything major come up that the product has not handled — at least not that we have known of. There have been a total of zero issues.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a little bit of additional reporting or insight as to what it is doing exactly. I do not think I need anything else included in the next release that I know of. Honestly, just improvement in the reporting would be good enough.

I have been using Cylance PROTECT for two or three months.

The stability of CylancePROTECT is great.

The scalability of CylancePROTECT is very good. We have about 15 staff members in your organization currently using the product on a variety of devices.

I have not had to call technical support during the time we have been using the product because we have had zero issues.

We did use other products before CylancePROTECT. I used Kaspersky Internet Security for a long time before we moved over to CylancePROTECT. We used Kaspersky Internet Security because it was a great fit for us.

In comparison, the only thing that I would say about Kaspersky is that sometimes on startup it would kind of slow the computer down a bit. It took up a lot of resources. It would just last for a short period of time on startup and then that would be it. Everything would return to normal.

The other thing was that, as a growing company, it was difficult to manage all the installs. To make sure that Kaspersky was provisioned out to every computer and that it was always up to date made for a little more maintenance than seemed necessary. That extra maintenance was really what influenced our decision to move over to the CylancePROTECT product.

The initial installation and setup are straightforward.

We did use a reseller for our initial deployment.

I believe the product cost is about $5, per user, per month.

What other advice do I have?

CylancePROTECT is going to tell you if there are any issues and you are going to be able to see everything from one single dashboard. If there are any issues on any computers across your whole architecture you will know about it.

If there were advice that I would give to someone thinking about working with CylancePROTECT, I would just say it is extremely — extremely — simple to manage and deploy.

On a scale of one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate CylancePROTECT as a ten-out-of-ten as per our experience with it thus far.

Hybrid Cloud