Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Review

Offers solid anti-virus protection but isn't so scalable

What is most valuable?

The anti-virus protection it offers our clients is solid.

What needs improvement?

Currently, no solution can offer you 100% protection from viruses such as WannaCry ransomware. Fortinet should strive to improve their prevention systems.

I have been using this solution for about two to three years.

This solution is stable.

FortiAnalyzer does slow down when there is a heavy load of users, but it still does its job. Also, when many logs are generated throughout many sessions, the Analyser slows down.

The technical support is not very reliable. Sometimes it takes them up to a week to get back to us.

The initial setup is not complex. The basic setup takes roughly 30 minutes to one hour — reconfiguration can take up to one day.

What other advice do I have?

If you have Fortinet Firewall, you must implement FortiAnalyzer because, without the Analyzer, you can't generate the polls.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven. I would give them a higher rating if they improved their scalability.

Version 500E
More Fortinet FortiAnalyzer reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Check Point Security Management
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.