Fortinet FortiAnalyzer Review

Very good log analysis and reporting with a straightforward deployment

What is our primary use case?

We're a service provider. Our clients use the solution for log management.

We are using physical and virtual end ware. We have a physical and logical virtual environment for using this platform, which we provide to our customers.

What is most valuable?

We are utilizing the previous site end dividers and the IPS, IDS DDoS features.

The log analysis and reporting are both quite good.

What needs improvement?

The solution doesn't have online analysis. We can't analyze certain parts of the logs. For example, we can't analyze current logs.

It would be helpful if we could use the system we use to monitor everything to also check the live traffic or live logs.

The solution lacks business intelligence features. It's much too basic.

I've been using the solution for two or three years.

The solution is stable. We've never faced issues.

The solution does not scale easily. It's a hardware solution. We have FortiAnalyzer hardware, and since it has a hardware agent on the storage ware, it requires Forti capacity for analyzing purposes. There's only a finite amount of space in the hardware itself. It isn't infinite.

We've dealt with technical support in the past and we've been very satisfied at the level of support we've received so far.

The initial setup varies from company to company. Some are straightforward, some are complex.

Deployment is a simple task. FortiAnalyzer comes with the hardware version and a virtual agent. We just deploy and integrate it with the other Fortinet products.

There is a lot of competition for Fortinet in this area, including USM and Palo Alto.

What other advice do I have?

We are Fortinet partners.

For those organizations that need to use a product for reporting or some analysis of logs, this is a good solution.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. The features are basic, and there's not too much business intelligence behind them. If it offered more of that, I'd rate it higher.

More Fortinet FortiAnalyzer reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Check Point Security Management
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiAnalyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.