Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Review

Easy to use, good load balancing, and offers the potential to scale

What is most valuable?

The load balancing of the solution is excellent.

The QoS (Quality of Service) provided is very impressive.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to the overall product, I don't see places for improvement. It's excellent.

The cost of the solution is too high. It should be adjusted to be more affordable for companies. Right now, I feel like it's far too much.

I've been using the solution for about a year at this point.

The solution is quite stable. I haven't had issues with it crashing on me. I don't recall running into any bugs or glitches. It's very reliable so far.

The solution is scalable. We have 150 people on it right now in our company, but if we needed to expand it, I have no doubt it would be relatively easy. In fact, we're beginning to expand a little bit now and plan to increase usage in the future as well.

When it comes to technical support, the problem we have found is that if an issue comes, it takes a day to get everything resolved. It could be faster. They can be better at optimizing how they answer tickets in terms of response times. There must be ways to make the process more streamlined. It would make it easier for their clients.

We didn't previously use other options before we chose Fortigate Cloud. It was the first one we chose.

The initial setup is straightforward. I don't find it to be complex at all.

Once we went through the documentation and all of the other items, it might have taken a day or so to set everything up and deploy the solution.

The solution is quite expensive.

We had a look at Silver Peak and a few other products. However, we heard from the reviews and at other expos that FortiGate would be the right solution for what we required, so we chose to try them out instead.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a user of the solution; I don't have a relationship to Fortigate. I'm not a reseller or integrator.

I don't really have specific advice for other companies considering trying it, however, I think they would enjoy using the product. In terms of stability and ease of use, it's great. It's not complex at all. It's an approachable product.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd give it a perfect ten out of ten if we could get more leverage in terms of automation and integration. We'd really like to leverage automation resources in the future.