Google Cloud Platform Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Review

Stable with good ready-made services but lacks many features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to assist our clients. One of our clients, for example, wanted their web application to be integrated.

What is most valuable?

The ability to measure access using the solution is quite helpful. It's very helpful, in particular, for clients.

The app provides ready-made services that we can talk to without issue.

What needs improvement?

We are looking for a more robust solution that allows seamless integration.

The initial setup was quite complex.

The solution needs some features. There a lot of new requirements, like seamless integration and real-time batch updates, that we would want that should be added in future releases.

We've only used the solution for a very short time. It's only been a few months.

The app is reliable. It's very stable. We haven't had issues with things like bugs or glitches. It hasn't crashed. It's been good.

The solution is quite scalable, as it is on the cloud. It is easy for a company to ramp up as needed.

We've never had to contact technical support. Everything we've needed in terms of answering queries or finding assistance is available online.

The initial setup is not straightforward. It was complex. We are expecting it to be more seamless.

The coding turned out to be quite difficult. We had to put the legacy EPAs in place. The access was hard to deal with. Networking restrictions, etc. were also causing us problems. There was a combination of implementation issues our organization had to deal with.

In the end, deployment took three weeks.

We had our own team at our company that was able to deploy and maintain the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We were a Google partner in the past, but we aren't anymore.

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it seven out of ten overall. If the solution offered more features, we would rank it higher.

Google