HPE Primera Review

Great performance with excellent low latency and fine dashboards

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for customers, for their hosted virtualized infrastructure storage.

How has it helped my organization?

HPE Primera had helped us achieve very low latency performance, hence enhancing the customer experience of higher IOPS demanding applications.

What is most valuable?

We really like the HPE infosight. it is an AI driven interface for hybrid cloud. it gives some more insights into any virtualized infrastructure such as performance issues, proactive recommendations etc. for example, get alerts and items of that nature It's been quite helpful so far.

The performance of the solution is excellent. It performs far better than you would expect.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex.

It outperforms on latency. It's very fast. We're talking about 0.4 milliseconds. The faster, the fast data works, the faster you'll get the response. This is really low latency; it's a great performance.

The dashboards are very good.  It has a very user-friendly kind of dashboard that is easy to understand. There isn't any complex stuff or too much information. That said, it has deep integration in to HPE Infosight. It gives you so much information, even more than you want.

The customization capabilities are excellent.

What needs improvement?

We haven't come across any issues with the solution. I don't recall missing any features.

They could work to make scalability easier.

It's quite expensive to upgrade right now maybe just now as its a new model.

Their latency is good, however, if they can continue to push their capabilities, that would be ideal.

I've only been using the solution for just over one month. It hasn't been an extremely long amount of time just yet.

The stability and performance are excellent. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's quite reliable.

We haven't attempted to scale the solution just yet. It's still very early on in the process, as we have just had the solution for about a month or so. Therefore, I can't speak very well about its scalability. However, it's my understanding that scaling it not that hard.

Primera supports all flash additional enclosures, where you can expand SSD

Good support from HPE and local suppliers as well.

The solution is quite straightforward. It's not complex. We had already done the sizing and we had already done the planning. The HP engineers were well aware of our needs. In the end, we just plugged in and gave them access, and they themselves did the configuration as per the initial requirements.

HP engineers did all of the heavy lifting on the implementation. We simply provided them with our exact requirements.

We are under a perpetual license in terms of software.

Evaluated Huawei OcenStore Dorado storage and DELL Unify 380. As per the sizing and cost, HPE Primera A630 was better and most cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution at this point. the model number is HPE Primera A630

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. It's fast and the performance is very good.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten.

A630
More HPE Primera reviews from users
...who compared it with Pure Storage FlashArray
Learn what your peers think about HPE Primera. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.