IBM Application Performance Management Review

Provides valuable breakdown of information, but the agent negatively impacts server performance

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our customers.

One of our largest customers uses this solution to monitor the performance of their application for Enterprise Content Management. It is deployed on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the breakdown that it provides, such as a description of the fields for a particular transaction.

The user interface is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution, itself, has a negative impact on the performance of the machine. This may be related to the deployment. The impact of the agent on the performance of the application is something that needs to be improved.

Technical support can be slow and needs improvement.

The monitoring agent, for Oracle as an example, needs improvement.

We have been using this solution for approximately one year.

For the implementation that I worked on, stability was not the biggest issue. It is working.

We have used technical support, and I have an issue with them. One time I opened a case that they were working on for many weeks, or months.

We implement different solutions for our clients, depending on their preference or requirements. For some customers, we use a Micro Focus product.

The initial setup of this solution is complex.

What other advice do I have?

Depending on the requirements, this may be a solution that I recommend. It is working, but it is not the best one. I would discuss the details of the requirements and environment with the customer before implementing this solution.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.