Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
Provides data reporting and visualization.

Valuable Features:

• Active Reporting: Users can access the reports offline.
  • Visualization: IBM Cognos has a variety of charts. It has options to customize any kind of chart using the JSON editor. This helps clients to visualize and analyze the data in a very effective way.

Improvements to My Organization:

This product has a wide variety of options to present data. The solution has improved our organization in the following ways:

• Builds different kinds of report like lists, crosstabs, and charts.
  • Sends the report output to users.
  • Offers mobile dashboard options. Client executives and directors can pull the reports to their mobile phones. They can view all kinds of data related to their organization.

Room for Improvement:

I would like them to reduce the cost of the user licenses.

Use of Solution:

We have used this solution for over six years.

Stability Issues:

We sometimes have to restart the application.

Scalability Issues:

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10.

Previous Solutions:

I used the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. I switched to IBM Cognos because some of the customization options were not available in that tool.

Initial Setup:

The installation can be a little complex. It depends on the environment. If it is a Windows environment, the setup will be easy. If it is a Linux environment, it will involve scripting.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

If the organization is big enough, I would recommend this product.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated other options, such as Tableau.

Other Advice:

The product has a wide range of data presentation options. If an organization has too much reporting to do, then I would definitely suggest this product.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM Cognos?

Our experts can help. 228,467 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.