Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
The solution identifies data trends and anomalies.

Valuable Features:

It is an enterprise solution. It provides scalability, reliability, security, and performance for large scale organizations. Without these features, it would become a useless tool for large organizations.

Improvements to My Organization:

The tool identifies trends and anomalies before it is too late, i.e., before the end-of-the-year results. This prevents customers from getting angry and provides savings opportunities.

Room for Improvement:

For versions 8 and 10, I would like to see better visualizations and geo-mapping.
Version 10 has out-of-the-box charts and maps that are very outdated, look old, and are static (not interactive).

There seems to have been major improvements on visualizations in Cognos Analytics (Version 11).

Use of Solution:

I have used this solution since 2001, with versions 6.6.

Stability Issues:

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Sometimes technical support can be hit and miss. However, IBM has some very good technicians.

Previous Solutions:

I used a different solution in a prior organization. They switched from Cognos to Business Objects. The decision was made due to the ERP provider (Epic) having some pre-built BI solutions. In order to keep the certification, my organization had to use their reports.

Initial Setup:

Cognos has come a long way. Fifteen years ago, the installation and setup was very complicated.

It is not difficult nowadays. However, the tune-up is still tricky.

Other Advice:

Clearly define the levels of access and user groups to give access to tools and data. It is hard to change once something is in place.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM Cognos?

Our experts can help. 208,781 professionals have used our research on 5,553 solutions.