Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
We use it as the main reporting tool for our clients.

Valuable Features:

The reporting feature is the most valuable feature.

For Cognos, reporting is the widely used feature for both my clients and for most of the US-based banking organizations.

Improvements to My Organization:

The product is the main reporting tool for our clients.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see improvements in mobile reporting. When it comes to mobile/offline based reporting, Cognos is not really capable of handling medium to heavy data volume.

The above limitation has been hampering its penetration into health care and other industries which are heavily dependent upon mobile devices for day-to-day operations.

Use of Solution:

We have been using this solution for over five years.

Stability Issues:

No stability issues. The product is one of more stable reporting solutions.

Scalability Issues:

No scalability issues. Scaling is fairly straightforward.

Technical support is quite satisfactory.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup is very straightforward for a technical person.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

If you need enterprise grade reporting, Cognos is a very economical solution for organizations.

Other Solutions Considered:

I have never been involved in the decision making for selecting reporting tools. I have been on the report development side using Cognos for multiple clients.

Other Advice:

The product is very strong for an online reporting based solution.

However, if someone is looking for complex mobile based reporting, they might want to weigh other options for their organization.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM Cognos?

Our experts can help. 218,144 professionals have used our research on 5,608 solutions.