Ibm

IBM Cognos Review
Allows our company to manage the data we generate.

Valuable Features

As per the technology itself, it is a very powerful tool with a lot of options depending on the necessities. It is also scalable to the business needs.

Improvements to My Organization

IBM Cognos has allowed our company to manage all the data we generate and helped us improve the results.

Room for Improvement

The product user interface is already being remodeled to fit today's market. There is also room for improvement. IBM is trying to have a more mobile touch. I guess this is OK, if you are using tablets. But if you are using a PC, why should you have a mobile look?

I'm just thinking about a scenario on Microsoft Windows: With Windows 8, everything had the mobile look and feel. Now, with version 10, it has the same look as it always had before version 8, but it improved and I like it!

Use of Solution

I have been using this technology for the past three years.

I did not find any stability issues so far.

I did not find any scalability issues so far.

I would give the level of technical support a rating of 9/10. I also think the support that IBM offers is very good. When we have an issue with the software, IBM has good resources to get the issue solved. There is a lot of positive information over the internet.

One thing that can be improved is the time for troubleshooting and finding the root cause of the issues. Sometimes it takes only one day or a week, which is fine. However, sometimes it can take up to one or two months. End-users are not happy when they have to wait this long for a solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward. You only have to follow the installation wizard screens, indicate where you want to have it installed, and click "Next".

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

You need to have a good idea of how many people will be using the product. It helps knowing how many of them should have full permission (admins), how many will be developers, and how many will be "just" consumers.

Other Advice

It is a very complete product that keeps getting better and better. It is complex software and you need a good level of expertise.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM Cognos?

Our experts can help. 239,056 professionals have used our research on 5,957 solutions.