Inflectra SpiraTest Review

User friendly with ease of testing requirements management, migration from other tools and als othe integration with other testing tools.

What is our primary use case?

After a detailed comparison with other tools, I chose to recommend Spiratest for its ease of use and integration readiness with other tools. Any legacy tool that the organization decides to transition slowly or even retain the old tool and integrate it with Spiratest, the plugins are readily available.  I started my journey as a user of Inflectra SpiraTest. It's more of preparing the road map or the strategy for the client and helping them migrate everything. I determine whether it is suitable for the client's needs. Sometimes it's the nature of the business model. It is driven more by the client's business model. Then the client determines whether to approve the tool that was tested. The client may have their own choice or their own tool. There's a lot of businesses. Based on all the criteria, I help the client make decisions on these things. But these days, the products are very salient. I do some analysis, some comparisons of SpiraTest, and other tools. SpiraTest is very mature and very stable, actually. For example, if you want to integrate with Jira or any other tool, they provide a plugin so you can continue to use Jira then call the test cases from SpiraTest assessment.

How has it helped my organization?

Projectwise requirements and test cases were migrated , mapped and traceability ready. Agile projects were mapped though not directly helpful for hybrid agile scenarios.

What is most valuable?

The user-friendly features are the most valuable. For example, migration of requirements and migration of test cases and the creation of traceability. You have various reports that you need. The plug-ins that are available to connect with the other tools.

What needs improvement?

The product search is user-friendly, but guidance for integration with other tools needs to improve further. If an organization decides to move from an existing tool to spiratest, a migration through integrstion is the best way, in my opnion. But the guideline and menu to such features needs some effort from the user. Some smart guidelines for integration can help. The bestvpart is that most plugins required for an integration are available. Just that the search friendliness can be improved further. For example, Migrating can be improved further by giving a trello like UI for a pick and choose. The plug-ins should be easier and more integrated rather than the user trying to integrate the tools which are more popular, like Jira et al. Particularly on the DevOps based development platform. I think there's a lot of exploration that needs to be done on SpiraTest.

about an year.

Very stable and low latency. Customer support can improve.

Highly scalable. Suits any kind of environment including waterfall, Agile , Product, Service, Project or SaaS depending on the service model of the organization.

Technical Support was prompt and responsive. guidance to the plugins and integration methods were well published and updated. Guidance documents can be downloaded and referred. sufficient training material was available for guidance and support.

Yes as a Director SQA, I had deployed various testing are process tools and experimented with the testing automation.

Mailing and follow up was very quick and proactive. Clarifications on set up instructions was fair enough and timely.

The deployment was personally monitored and carried out at a known organization where the CMMI 2.0 processes and Testing process improvements were carried out over a change management initiative.

For stabilizing requirements and bringing the test case versioning chaos to order, spiratest served very well. Fulfillment of CMMI 2.0 requirements and test case traceability was achieved faster, comparatively with spiratest, it can be claimed.

Recommend Spiratest as a resourceful tool for management of Requirements and Testing, configuration and traceability. Costing is reasonable and license based . Flexibility of optimum number of users for cost effectiveness. There is no set up for the online version. needs little time to make a start.

Yes. but comments.

What other advice do I have?

SpiraTest I would rate, based on my experience, as a great tool for any SDLC model, product, process, project types. In terms of flexibility, in terms of the stability of the product as given, I would rate it a nine on a scale of ten.

Other