Inflectra SpiraTest Overview

Inflectra SpiraTest is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Application Requirements Management tools. It is most often compared to Jira: Inflectra SpiraTest vs Jira

What is Inflectra SpiraTest?
SpiraTest is an integrated Requirements and Quality Management solution that manages your project's Requirements, Test Cases, Releases, Defects and Issues in one environment, with complete traceability throughout. After defining your project's requirements, you generate the test cases and test steps that validate the functionality. The test execution modules allows users to run through the tests, logging defects/issues as they go. SpiraTest is Fully Web-Based. Free 30-Day Trial.

Inflectra SpiraTest is also known as SpiraTest, Spira.

Inflectra SpiraTest Buyer's Guide

Download the Inflectra SpiraTest Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Inflectra SpiraTest Customers
- Morningstar - Deutsch Bank - Sopra Group - Booz Allen & Hamilton - UBS - US Government
Inflectra SpiraTest Video

Inflectra SpiraTest Reviews

PraveenKambhampati
Senior Business Consultant, CMMI2.0, OpEx at Thought Leaders Management Consulting
Jul 12, 2020
User friendly with ease of testing requirements management, migration from other tools and als othe integration with other testing tools.

What is our primary use case?

After a detailed comparison with other tools, I chose to recommend Spiratest for its ease of use and integration readiness with other tools. Any legacy tool that the organization decides to transition slowly or even retain the old tool and integrate it with Spiratest, the plugins are readily available. I started my journey as a user of Inflectra SpiraTest. It's more of preparing the road map or the strategy for the client and helping them migrate everything. I determine whether it is suitable for the client's needs. Sometimes it's the nature of the business model. It is driven more by the… more »

• "The user-friendly features are the most valuable. For example, migration of requirements and migration of test cases and the creation of traceability. You have various reports that you need. The plug-ins that are available to connect with the other tools."
  • "Migrating is not very easy. It depends on the organization, how efficient and effective the decision-making process is. The plug-ins should be easier and more integrated rather than the user trying to integrate the tools which are more popular, like Jira et al."

What other advice do I have?

SpiraTest I would rate, based on my experience, as a great tool for any SDLC model, product, process, project types. In terms of flexibility, in terms of the stability of the product as given, I would rate it a nine on a scale of ten.
reviewer1397985
Sr. Project Manager at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
Aug 2, 2020

What is our primary use case?

Testing of new applications being deployed in a healthcare environment. SpiraTest is used to help manage our testing process for not only new software implementations but also for checking the interactions of other software on existing systems. The SpiraTest system allows us to bank our test scripts to quickly pull them out as needed to test the effects of new code on our existing systems. Since a lot of our systems are updated with software and data code on a very regular basis this allows us to better provide a reliable system to our end users in a very critical environment.

• "The reporting functionality helps vendors and technical resources identify bugs and issues that need to be addressed. The simple dashboard-style home page makes training end-user testers simple and straightforward. The actual testing UI is VERY straightforward and very intuitive for the end-users that test the system since very often we pull from business and operational users to help test new systems."
  • "The UI for managing test cases, test sets, test runs could be a little more integrated, currently, these feel disjointed at times and confusing. Also, the test steps page needs to display the test steps closer to the top of the UI so as to not have to scroll down to find."

What other advice do I have?

SpiraTest is a very stable reliable simple platform that is effective.
Find out what your peers are saying about Inflectra, Micro Focus, IDERA and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Alexey Anisimov
Head of QA Department at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Aug 29, 2019
Has the ability to reuse test cases already used across projects so that we don't need to create new ones

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model of this solution. My primary use case of this solution is as a repository and for executing the cases against different software builds that we have.

• "The ability to reuse test cases already used across projects is the most valuable feature of this solution. We don't need to create new ones."
  • "It should develop integration with JIRA. We have some complexities which caused us not to decide to integrate it with our JIRA, like synchronous data."

What other advice do I have?

You don't need complex integrations with other tools. Compared to its competitors, most of the features are the same but the price is better. I would rate it an eight out of ten.