Inflectra SpiraTest Review

What is our primary use case?

Testing of new applications being deployed in a healthcare environment. SpiraTest is used to help manage our testing process for not only new software implementations but also for checking the interactions of other software on existing systems. The SpiraTest system allows us to bank our test scripts to quickly pull them out as needed to test the effects of new code on our existing systems. Since a lot of our systems are updated with software and data code on a very regular basis this allows us to better provide a reliable system to our end users in a very critical environment.

How has it helped my organization?

SpiraTest makes managing our testing scripts easy since many of our systems are interconnected we can retest existing systems to ensure that new applications and updates will not break the system. SpiraTest has also allowed us to better diagnose bugs with new vendor software quickly and efficiently. SpiraTest makes our end user acceptance [process so much easier. The ability to store and manage our test scripts for use at a moment's notice helps provide much more reliable systems and quickly identify software bugs.

What is most valuable?

The reporting functionality helps vendors and technical resources identify bugs and issues that need to be addressed. The simple dashboard-style home page makes training end-user testers simple and straightforward. The actual testing UI is VERY straightforward and very intuitive for the end-users that test the system since very often we pull from business and operational users to help test new systems. This simple user interface allows the operational owners to not only test the new systems but also helps us record their thoughts and screenshots which leads to better user adoption.

What needs improvement?

The UI for managing test cases, test sets, test runs could be a little more integrated, currently, these feel disjointed at times and confusing. Also, the test steps page needs to display the test steps closer to the top of the UI so as to not have to scroll down to find. While the training is adequate, I would like to have a more robust online training option available for various users of the system, since there are admins users and test creators and end testers I feel that having training targeted to each of the basic roles would be helpful.

5 years

The system has never crashed on us and for a long time was running with minimal or not attention for a very long time.

The system does appear to have the ability to scale up quickly, although we do use a very basic version of the system even that is effective for our needs.

Customer service and technical support has been very responsive. We have had little need to contact customer support since the system is so stable.

We actually didn't switch we also use a second system for test tracking. Projects are given the option of which one to use.

Setup was very straightforward, we run the system on a VM running Windows server. the UI is delivered via web services.

We did a self install, this has had zero issues over the years.

Since the cost of the system is extremely low the ROI is very considering the nature of our business. The systems we use SpiraTest to test are often tied to patient safety and the financial strength of the organization.

Simple setup and very affordable cost option.

Jira

What other advice do I have?

SpiraTest is a very stable reliable simple platform that is effective.

More Inflectra SpiraTest reviews from users