Inflectra SpiraTest Review

The current version does not provide enough support for test management way of work, but you can handle a ​mass of test case specifications and executions.

Valuable Features

The most valuable thing is that it's a test management system, in which you can handle a mass of test case specifications and executions.

Improvements to My Organization

It has not probably improved anything. It is just generic test management which has quite a small price tag. Of course it has provided us way to handle our test specifications.

The tool doesn't restrict the usage, so if an organization wants to plan a lot they can, so this tool is good in that sense.

Room for Improvement

It's low score is mainly because of the problems with the user interface, usability and lack of user guidance - meaning that tool has no predefined way of work.

I would like to see improvement in handling test way of work. The current version does not provide enough support for test management way of work. You have too much to plan by yourself. For example, the linkage between artefacts is hard without planning and guidance for end users. The UI has it's limitations and current folder system is hard to manage. User right handling is hard because you need to grand too much rights to the users.

Use of Solution

I have used it about three years. I have been the main user of the product and planning how the tool should be used.

Scalability wise, it needs hardware resources. Only Microsoft IIS is supported, and it's not a Linux based solution. We had to give more resources because it was stuck with lots of users.

Support has been good so far.

Setup is pretty easy but the user guidance for the end users is complicated.

Implementation Team

We used an in-house implementations. I advise to plan a lot about the process itself, because the tool does not support that one very well. Also, the report functions are useless without good data consistency.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The price tag is be quite cheap I guess so in that sense it is one alternative. However, a lot of time goes into handling the test objects in the tool

Other Advice

Plan beforehand how the team shoudl use the tool. In that sense there are better solutions available