Infor LN Review

​The product is highly scalable but setup is a bit complicated.

What is most valuable?

• User experience
  • Ease of use
  • Rich functionality

What needs improvement?

The process module needs improving as in Baan IV which had a module for customers in the processing industry, for example, paint manufacturing.

I've used it for over 18 years, in its various versions as Baan (from v4) and then ERP LN.

As expected every software will have its bugs, and the ones for this are -

• Q/A of the product is not up to expectations
  • Users are forced to test the software during implementation

Once the bugs are fixed, product is quite stable.

The product is highly scalable but setup is a bit complicated. Once the parameters have been set, however, companies from five to 5,000 users can operate the product.

It's reasonable.

It's reasonable.

From the beginning I implemented it. Initially using a legacy mainframe application, Unis-1100 on a Unisys mainframe. I also implemented MTMS, a UK based Cobol based MRP2 software before moving onto Baan. From there, I have stayed with Baan/Infor and its various versions for the last 18 years,

Baan IV was straightforward but ERP LN became complex and the latest version is highly complicated.

I recently joined a company with heir own IT department, but prior to that I would implement ERP LN.

Much higher than that of SAP.

• It ranges on the size of the company and number of licenses
  • Day to day cost is annual maintenance fees, functional analysts and technical developers to support the application in house
  • Typically most companies have at least two resources to implement any ERP package
  • ERP LN latest version requires at least 3 resources

When I was originally part of a consulting company, we evaluated three in 1997 -

• Baan (now Infor ERP)
  • Oracle
  • Made2Manage

What other advice do I have?

Find the right implementation partner as there are many consultants who have no clue of the products functionality. Also, most of the implementation partners don’t take any ownership in implementation. You need to dedicate a group of users to the implementation, otherwise you will be spending lot of money on consultants.