Informatica Data Quality Review

We've achieved high data quality but lacking a platform as a service

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this product is for data management relating to customers and contact information. It's a global resource, we ensure the quality of our customer information and primary attributes. I'm a principal data architect and we are customers of Informatica.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has improved our organization by providing data quality.

What is most valuable?

The evaluation service is a valuable feature of this product.

What needs improvement?

Because we are moving everything to cloud and our platform is in Azure, it has an infrastructure as a service. I'd like to see a platform as a service, to avoid having to take care of the payments as an upgrade for the platform. I'd like to have email as a service, it would allow us more flexibility. But we already know that Informatica have a cloud integration service but it's not mature enough to do what's required. The service model can also be improved.

I've been using this solution for seven years.

The solution is not as stable as we'd like. We need to do a lot of work on the operational side because it crashes frequently, at least once a week.

Scalability is not a problem. You can't count the number of users because it's a platform that has an operational model in which we move the data. We have the data and we clean the data, but users don't have direct contact.

The technical support is very good.

Initial setup is not complex, it takes about a week to install. We have very good consultants that carried out the deployment for us so although licensing is tricky, the development and the installation is okay.

I believe licensing is around $700,000 annually and we pay around $300,000 for support. The licensing is tricky because sometimes we need to pay for additional connectors and those are hidden costs for us.

We evaluated SAP Master Data Governance. We noticed that more people use Informatica and because it's the most widely used platform we went with it because we knew we'd be able to get access to consultants.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
More Informatica Data Quality reviews from users
...who compared it with Talend Data Quality
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Trillium, Oracle and others in Data Quality. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.