Microsoft DPM Review

Suitable for small sites and businesses with Microsoft products, easy to use, but needs better reporting and better portability for other vendors

What is most valuable?

It is almost perfect for Microsoft products. It is not a very powerful tool, but it is okay for small sites and small businesses with Microsoft products.

It is easy to use for backup and restore. It is good for backing up Microsoft servers such as Exchange and SharePoint servers.

What needs improvement?

It needs portability for other vendors. It is good for backing up Microsoft servers, but it doesn't support third-party solutions such as Oracle Database.

It depends on Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy, especially for Hyper-V, which has a lot of problems. They should enhance the Volume Shadow Copy functionality.

Its reporting should also be better. Reporting is too weak in DPM.

I have been using this solution for six years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

Their technical support is moderate. I am an expert in DPM, so I don't need support many times.

Its installation is straightforward. It takes one hour at the most.

I installed it myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for small businesses and small sites. I plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate Microsoft DPM a seven out of ten.

2019
More Microsoft DPM reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft DPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.