Microsoft Dynamics NAV Review

End users can create their own reports from the chart of an account.

What is most valuable?

• Accounting Reporting: Account Schedule and Analysis By Dimension
  • Flexibility for end users to create their own reports from the chart of an account
  • Integrated export to Excel

How has it helped my organization?

Accounting reporting can be done just in time.

What needs improvement?

Setup security needs to be simpler. It needs to be more user friendly for consultants or users to set up. Currently, performing this task requires deep knowledge about tables, forms, pages, and reporting. It is a hard task for consultants to determine the security (roles for user, which module / table can be access by user).

In version 2016, the workflow for approval systems such as the workflow for credit limit approval and purchase order approval still has bugs.

Currently beside basic setup, as user need to define each table, form, pages, etc, and it will takes lot of time and required deep knowledge to perform that action.

It will be great if NAV can provide a common role setup group for instance : Approval Role (purchase and sales), accessing specific master data ( item, COA, Vendor,Customer). another solution is : nav provide a tools to record when user access specific form, page including table behind

“In the standard NAV application is it a very time-consuming and challenging task to assign the right roles to the right users due to the many different roles available “

So my comment , the product should provide the tool to make easier.

In the standard NAV application is it a very time-consuming and challenging task to assign the right roles to the right users due to the many different roles available. NAV Easy Security simplifies this process by allowing you to create groups of roles and companies and assign these to users.

I have used it for 15 years (since 2002).

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 7/10.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was complex, because there is no handbook or manual for step-by-step setup; the information is module by module; and there is no check list. A consultant must do it by experience and best practice.

The license price can be adjusted according to country.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options. It is the first product since I became involved in ERP until now…

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product. Please review the product and the partner who will implement this (experience , customer base and the consultant team).

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am a consultant at a Microsoft Dynamic Partner.