Microsoft Intune Review

Transparently enforces compliance policies and works well, but the initial setup requires user intervention

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting agency and we help people make technology and business decisions.

Our environment is fully online and we're a Microsoft 365 shop. We are using Intune for security. It is their MDM for mobile devices, but it is also their application ADM and it works on desktops as well.

We primarily use it to maintain compliance for our customers. They require that we use it to enforce compliance with the same level that they do internally, so we're following the compliance guidelines of several Fortune 100 companies. Intune is what we use to meet those requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this product has completely stopped DLP, so people cannot take material off of corporate machines or corporate imagines, and that's a huge benefit.

What is most valuable?

The biggest thing for us is enforcing logins only from devices that are managed by Intune.

We also use it for enforcing DLP and all of the other security policies that you need for compliance in order to do work for major corporations.

It integrates well with the Microsoft environment. Once it's deployed, it's set and forget.

What needs improvement?

Once it's configured it is unobtrusive, but it does take some hands-on to configure and deploy it properly.

I have been using Intune for a year.

Intune has been very stable.

We're a small company of fewer than 100 people and it scales well enough for us.

We are financial analysts and IT consultants.

I have not used the technical support personally, but it seems to be okay.

We used a third-party package before, and we moved to Intune because it was easier to integrate with Microsoft Windows or Microsoft 365. It also provides coverage for desktops.

The initial setup requires user participation. You can't push it without the client being engaged. That is part of the configuration.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this product works pretty well. Security products are the disgusting medicine that we don't like to take, but we have to take it to stay healthy.

This is a good product because it's transparent and works well, although it's unfortunate that we have to have it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft Intune reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware Workspace ONE
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Intune. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.