Microsoft Intune Review

Can be used to manage devices over the internet while ensuring their security

What is our primary use case?

We use it for proposing solutions to customers and for co-management of the end-user devices, as well as for unified endpoint management. We also use it for mobile device management.

What is most valuable?

Internet-based access with security is what I have found to be most valuable.

It is also a stable and scalable solution. We have not had any issues with technical support as well.

The initial setup is straightforward too.

What needs improvement?

Currently, for a new customer or when a device refresh occurs, I can introduce Microsoft Intune as a unified endpoint management solution. However, for an existing customer who has an SCCM it would need to be upgraded to an MECM first before I can introduce Microsoft Intune.

Microsoft even recommends it as a co-management solution because even if I need to go for UVM as a unified endpoint, I need to rebuild all the missions, which is not practical. So, they need to look into it and provide an easy and flexible moment to UEM.

I've been dealing with Microsoft Intune for at least fours years.

Stability-wise, it is good and stable.

It has very good scalability.

We have had no issues with technical support.

The initial setup is easy. Deployment usually takes around eight weeks of time, including pilot testing. We do requirement gathering, designing, and building, so it takes us a minimum of eight weeks.

What other advice do I have?

From a solution perspective, I always recommend that you go for it. From a scalability aspect and on managing the devices over the internet and ensuring that the security of the devices for customers is always taken into account, we always recommend to Microsoft Intune.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this solution at nine.

More Microsoft Intune reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware Workspace ONE
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Intune. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.