Microsoft Intune Review

Wide range of device management, scalable, and highly stable

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for mobile device management.

What is most valuable?

One of the main features of the solution is it allows the management of many devices in different ways.

What needs improvement?

When Microsoft Intune is used with different android devices it does not always work as it is supposed to.

The enrollment in Microsoft Intune is based on user accounts and not devices. It can be different to maintain different profiles for the same user. It cannot work together with other solutions. For example, if you have a normal user having a mobile phone, and they also have a tablet that they use that is managed from another MDM solution, such as Airwatch, the two can not cooperate if you are using the same Microsoft account on those two devices. They need to allow enrolment through the device IDs.

We have been working with this solution for one year.

The solution is stable.

We have not had any issue with the scalability.

We have approximately 7,000 users using this solution.

I do not think it is ever straightforward to use a Mobile Device Management System. Especially in our case, we were enrolling a lot of different devices that were already in use. That is always complicated and I do not think the fault is with Intune. It is complicated because Android can be used by different manufacturers, such as Huawei, Samsung, or Sony, and all of them can be very different.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Intune an eight out of ten.

More Microsoft Intune reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware Workspace ONE
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Intune. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.